S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

I would like your opinions on black color options.

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 02:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default I would like your opinions on black color options.

I just placed an order for an S4 with the titanium package and black leather interior. I live in Houston so the windows will be tinted. I am a person who likes black or white cars but I'm going with black for the S4. My last car was black and I enjoy washing and waxing them so keeping it clean isn't a concern. The car was ordered with Phantom Black Pearl Effect.

Because the supply for S4's is so little you can't actually look at the color in combination with your packages before you buy it. I did find pictures on line and the Titanium package with Phantom Black looked nice. All the guys at the dealership thought the Phantom Black over Brilliant Black was the way to go.

So out of the two color choices, what color do you think looks best with the Titanium package, black interior, and tinted windows.

Phantom Black Pearl or Brilliant Black?

Thanks for your opinion.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pearl,real nice but very hot in summer,
Old 07-26-2011, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Phantom is a pearl effect with metallic flakes. Brilliant is a true gloss black and will be a little deeper. It will also be slightly worse at showing dirt and swirls. Personally I think either would look great with the Ti package but I'd go with Phantom because it would resist showing swirls and microscratches a little better, and you will get them no matter how diligent you are about cleaning and waxing your car.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:34 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

From 10 feeet away they will look the same. I would get the Phantom since the metallic flakes will hide some dust. Had metallic black on my 335i. After my 5th black car I have said never again for black. It does look great when clean!
Old 07-26-2011, 10:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I test drove a Phantom Black with ti package. Lovely. Looked aggressive. I was surprised since i hate metallic blacks.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for the opinions. I guess I'm staying with Phantom Black.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

I went with Brilliant, no regrets. Although if i had to choose over again i'd probably go with Phantom, just for hiding the swirls.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I was debating between both as well and ended up going with Phantom with the Ti package. The metallic is amazing in the sun. Both look great. It just comes down to a personal decision.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

FYI...I tinted the windows 20% as well as the front windshield 50%. You cannot even tell that the front is done but it really helps with this heat lately!
Old 07-27-2011, 07:35 AM
jgd
Banned

Ok here is my Phantom Black Pearl with Ti edition, with 35% tint all around. I love the combo, although I have magma/black nappa, personal choice.If you fold the S4 brochure paint color pages to compare Brilliant Black side by side to the Phantom Black Pearl it will make your decision easier, it is a personal preference, which is why there are two distinct black options.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: I would like your opinions on black color options.