S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Ibis with the V6T debadged

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 05:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ibis with the V6T debadged

Just debadged today, I think it makes the car look more stealth and clean. I was looking at the supercharged badges but am most likely going to leave it as is. Tell me what you think!
Attached Images    
Old 05-07-2010, 09:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BaNmAnS4
Just debadged today, I think it makes the car look more stealth and clean. I was looking at the supercharged badges but am most likely going to leave it as is. Tell me what you think!
As often quoted it's personal preference. For me, also w/Ibis White, I prefer to have 'some' detailing there. Am waiting for RED Supercharged badge before replacing. Not sure how long the wait will be! You're happier so that's what counts - without it the car certainly won't perform any worse

PS. Is it just the focus / resolution on your side view pic, or did you add a trunk spoiler (A4 Accessory)? Am in different camp if you did
Old 05-07-2010, 10:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

I agree with the clean look. What did you use to take them off?

Jason
Old 05-08-2010, 03:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

I think you could have a clown face on the side of the car and I'd never notice because those wheels are so nice!

As for your request for feedback...I think a carbon supercharged badge would fit with those wheels very well, and give it a nice extra touch vs. debadged.
Old 05-08-2010, 05:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm in the exact same boat - Ibis, gunmetal rims, debadged on the side - and agree fully. Although I will reconsider if they ever come out with the red supercharged badge.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default A6 with superchraged badge

Originally Posted by sworksone
I'm in the exact same boat - Ibis, gunmetal rims, debadged on the side - and agree fully. Although I will reconsider if they ever come out with the red supercharged badge.
I just saw a brand new 2010 A6 with titanium supercharged badge. Looks good!
Old 05-08-2010, 10:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by S4Tokyo
As often quoted it's personal preference. For me, also w/Ibis White, I prefer to have 'some' detailing there. Am waiting for RED Supercharged badge before replacing. Not sure how long the wait will be! You're happier so that's what counts - without it the car certainly won't perform any worse

PS. Is it just the focus / resolution on your side view pic, or did you add a trunk spoiler (A4 Accessory)? Am in different camp if you did
It must just be the focus of the picture, it was taken on my phone so the quality isnt very good. I am not sure I thought that was how all the S4's came with that little trunk spoiler, I got this from the dealer so I didnt have the choice of exact accessories. As far as taking the badges off, I just took a hair dryer, heated up the badges for about 20 seconds until they were warm, took some wax dental floss and got behind the badges and just shaved right through the glue removing the badges. From there I heated up the excess glue and just wiped it right off with my finger. I finished with some detailing spray and took a microfiber towel and carefully wiped the rest of the glue off. Looks like they were never there! I am still contemplating the supercharged badge but I like the look for now. Thanks for the feedback guys!
Old 05-10-2010, 04:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Me likey.
IMO, Why advertise the engine...and a turbo that isn't there?
Old 05-10-2010, 06:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DeepershadeofTT
Me likey.
IMO, Why advertise the engine...and a turbo that isn't there?
Exactly why I debadged! It just pissed me off, everyone would ask about the car and I would tell them its a V6 supercharged etc. etc...... then the question comes, why does it say V6T on the side? Pretty annoying explaining why I dont know why it's there. Much better without, and I like the cleaner look.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Car looks great! I think the "supercharged" badge would be a nice subtle detail.

Quick Reply: Ibis with the V6T debadged