S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

If I take the "Supercharged" badges off...

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If I take the "Supercharged" badges off...

...is the paint gonna be the same color underneath? Best guess? The car is Deep Sea Blue, 24 months old (wow that went fast) mostly garage kept and has been Zaino'd and Liquid Glassed many times.

I think the car will definitely look sleeker without them, plus I heard a story somewhere about a cop walking up to the driver's window after pulling an S4 over and the first thing he said to the driver was, "Supercharged, huh? So you like to drive fast?"

I don't really need that.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LeadToRome
...is the paint gonna be the same color underneath? Best guess? The car is Deep Sea Blue, 24 months old (wow that went fast) mostly garage kept and has been Zaino'd and Liquid Glassed many times.

I think the car will definitely look sleeker without them, plus I heard a story somewhere about a cop walking up to the driver's window after pulling an S4 over and the first thing he said to the driver was, "Supercharged, huh? So you like to drive fast?"

Paint is the same color.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Osicom
Paint is the same color.
Well I know it's the same color but the question is whether there will have been changes to the paint color caused by oxidation and sunlight that will cause the spot where the badges were to be obvious. You didn't get that?
Old 08-09-2012, 02:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LeadToRome

Proper response is "no, I just enjoy low end torque without the inefficiency of a V8". Then point to his Crown Vic Interceptor.

I didn't say it would help
Old 08-09-2012, 02:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

I dont want to hijack this thread but this seemed like a good place to ask the question.

I'm about to take possession of my '13 S5. My dealer is likely going to put their decal on the back. What is best way (safest way) to remove it, to 'shave' it?

Thanks
Old 08-09-2012, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 551 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by dmbcrew36
I dont want to hijack this thread but this seemed like a good place to ask the question.

I'm about to take possession of my '13 S5. My dealer is likely going to put their decal on the back. What is best way (safest way) to remove it, to 'shave' it?

Thanks
Ask your dealer not to place any badges on your car, if you ordered. I did that when I ordered mine, and was able to avoid the hassle of removing their oversized logo.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by dmbcrew36

Thanks
best way - tell them not to

This time of year you can leave it in the sun for a few hours and then all you need is to catch an edge with something that won't harm the paint (I used fishing line) and once you have an edge you can pull it right off, it may not even leave a residue since it's so new. If it does leave residue some goo-gone, or rubbing alcohol will get that off easily.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Even if it's already on the lot, I've usually seen that dealers wait until the prep once its sold. A lot of customers don't want it and it would also be a hassle in a dealer trade situation.
In fact around here the luxury dealers don't even seem to put stickers on new cars. They just mount their custom plate holder and thats it.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by moose_head
Proper response is "no, I just enjoy low end torque without the inefficiency of a V8". Then point to his Crown Vic Interceptor.

I didn't say it would help
ha. I'm sure he'd get a chuckle out of that as wrote you up!
Old 08-09-2012, 04:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

back to your original question, I don't know but curious if you are going to put the V6T

Quick Reply: If I take the "Supercharged" badges off...