S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

If I take the "Supercharged" badges off...

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, just gonna go with no badging on the side. Taking the stealth up a notch, and going for a cleaner look.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by moose_head
Even if it's already on the lot, I've usually seen that dealers wait until the prep once its sold. A lot of customers don't want it and it would also be a hassle in a dealer trade situation.
In fact around here the luxury dealers don't even seem to put stickers on new cars. They just mount their custom plate holder and thats it.
I will call and ask them to put a custom plate holder instead, if they must. I am leasing - so it is still their car - but I don't want the stupid sticker.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:05 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dmbcrew36
I don't want to hijack this thread but this seemed like a good place to ask the question.

I'm about to take possession of my '13 S5. My dealer is likely going to put their decal on the back. What is best way (safest way) to remove it, to 'shave' it?

Thanks
Its easy. Take a hair drier and heat the decal. Then carefully use your fingernail to loosen and remove the sticker. I've done it over 10 times with no issues or scratches. Now if you want to remove badges, the same technique applies except you use dental floss to get behind the badge and saw it off. Good luck , but you don't really need any luck since it is so easy to do.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LeadToRome
...is the paint gonna be the same color underneath? Best guess? The car is Deep Sea Blue, 24 months old (wow that went fast) mostly garage kept and has been Zaino'd and Liquid Glassed many times.

I think the car will definitely look sleeker without them, plus I heard a story somewhere about a cop walking up to the driver's window after pulling an S4 over and the first thing he said to the driver was, "Supercharged, huh? So you like to drive fast?"

I don't really need that.
Getting back to your original question...no, the color should not be different/non-faded. I have debadged the trunk on several of my cars older than what you have and there is no shadow. I use 3M adhesive remover on a rag to get off remnant glue, then Meguiar's Paint Cleaner on the spot and large periphery. Then polish and wax. You'll be good to go!
Old 08-09-2012, 08:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Lol at putting supercharged badges on in the first place. they are too busy IMO.

Bruce

...is the paint gonna be the same color underneath? Best guess? The car is Deep Sea Blue, 24 months old (wow that went fast) mostly garage kept and has been Zaino'd and Liquid Glassed many times.

I think the car will definitely look sleeker without them, plus I heard a story somewhere about a cop walking up to the driver's window after pulling an S4 over and the first thing he said to the driver was, "Supercharged, huh? So you like to drive fast?"

I don't really need that.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by A6S4
Getting back to your original question...no, the color should not be different/non-faded. I have debadged the trunk on several of my cars older than what you have and there is no shadow. I use 3M adhesive remover on a rag to get off remnant glue, then Meguiar's Paint Cleaner on the spot and large periphery. Then polish and wax. You'll be good to go!
Awesome. Thanks.

Bruce, the car has the "alu-optic" package so the supercharged badges came on it instead of the v6t badges, I didn't add them or anything.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

I dont want to hijack this thread but this seemed like a good place to ask the question.

I'm about to take possession of my '13 S5. My dealer is likely going to put their decal on the back. What is best way (safest way) to remove it, to 'shave' it?

Thanks
Ask them not to put it on. I asked mine that for both and neither of them have it. Saved me a lot of time and aggravation.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I dont want to hijack this thread but this seemed like a good place to ask the question.

Thanks
Just request the dealer not put it on in the first place. If they do, ask them to remove it.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I don't want to be the one to tell you this bad news, but there's no paint under the badges. Just primer. I wouldn't remove them if I were you.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will call and ask them to put a custom plate holder instead, if they must. I am leasing - so it is still their car - but I don't want the stupid sticker.
It's not their car. It's Audi's. And you're paying to use it. Tell them to take their decals and plate holders and shove them.

Quick Reply: If I take the "Supercharged" badges off...