S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

If I take the "Supercharged" badges off...

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would never be willing to take off my supercharged badges, since I would loose the extra 20 HP I get from them!
Old 08-10-2012, 12:08 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you take them off, I will buy you a beer next time you are in Toronto.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by helix139
It's not their car. It's Audi's. And you're paying to use it. Tell them to take their decals and plate holders and shove them.
I tell them right up front any decals, bolt ons or plates void our sale. I will not accept the vehicle and do a thorough walk through before signing anything.

This stops it right up front. I also, tell them any sharing, leasing, renting, selling, carrier pigeon, etc... of my personal info to other marketing groups will cost them the attorney's fees to make sure they are stopped.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by sakimano
If you take them off, I will buy you a beer next time you are in Toronto.
Well I was gonna take them off but now that I know there's just primer underneath...

heh, yeah I'm taking them off tomorrow. I guess you don't like them, Saki?
Old 08-11-2012, 09:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LeadToRome
Well I was gonna take them off but now that I know there's just primer underneath...

heh, yeah I'm taking them off tomorrow. I guess you don't like them, Saki?
I always disliked them on the AMG 55 cars (although in german it was a little cooler)

On a small V6 engine, using a small 1.32 litre supercharger, I think it's a little out of character to shout about it being supercharged.

It's like the guy at the cocktail party who has a watch you've never heard of and don't care about, and he is going out of his way to tell you how great it is and to assure you that it's a fine timepiece...when you really just don't give a ****. The other scenario is that you are a watch afficianado...and you already know he has a great watch. You don't need him to blather on about it. The S4 is the watch...and the only people who give a **** what 'supercharged' means, already know about the car. Originally people were claiming to put them on to explain the V6T thing...but they removed the V6T badges. So it doesn't make sense to me. I think adding any badges to a car is pretty lame frankly. My car makes 400+ hp, all motor. Wouldn't that be frigging lame to put a 420hp badge on the car? Of course it would. It's lame on the Z06 and it's there factory.

I bet some of the people who have these supercharged badges are the same guys who used to make fun of 1.8T and 2.0T A4 guys who put Porsche 'turbo' badges on their cars. Think how lame that is.

The only people who really care about the supercharged badge on the 3.0T cars are the people who stuck them there. It goes against the S4's number one attribute...it's sleeper status.

Last edited by sakimano; 08-11-2012 at 09:22 PM.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sakimano
I always disliked them on the AMG 55 cars (although in german it was a little cooler)

On a small V6 engine, using a small 1.32 litre supercharger, I think it's a little out of character to shout about it being supercharged.

It's like the guy at the cocktail party who has a watch you've never heard of and don't care about, and he is going out of his way to tell you how great it is and to assure you that it's a fine timepiece...when you really just don't give a ****. The other scenario is that you are a watch afficianado...and you already know he has a great watch. You don't need him to blather on about it. The S4 is the watch...and the only people who give a **** what 'supercharged' means, already know about the car. Originally people were claiming to put them on to explain the V6T thing...but they removed the V6T badges. So it doesn't make sense to me. I think adding any badges to a car is pretty lame frankly. My car makes 400+ hp, all motor. Wouldn't that be frigging lame to put a 420hp badge on the car? Of course it would. It's lame on the Z06 and it's there factory.

I bet some of the people who have these supercharged badges are the same guys who used to make fun of 1.8T and 2.0T A4 guys who put Porsche 'turbo' badges on their cars. Think how lame that is.

The only people who really care about the supercharged badge on the 3.0T cars are the people who stuck them there. It goes against the S4's number one attribute...it's sleeper status.

I usually don't agree with you, but I do in this case. I thought the idea of putting supercharged badges on was weak... However, I took my V6T badges off the car last week, and feel that is is missing something. I haven't decided what my plan is yet.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default De- Bage away - its the way Germans intended

No issues on the paint as long as you are heating the emblems first (hair dryer) - use dental floss to gently work them off. I stripped the S4 and 3.0T's off my 2012.

In Germany I'd say no more than 1/10 cars are badged.

Clean look, stealth and more metal to wax!
Attached Images  
Old 08-13-2012, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Disagree---the Supercharge badges are OEM.

The Supercharge Badges are offered by Audi as an option on the option list at time of purchase. Its like choosing...any other option from the manufacturer.

Further in some iterations they are not even options but come as standard equipment--- for example they come standard when you buy the Alu-optic stone guard package.

If you think they are "posing" on an S4--then what are they when they are on an A6 or A7 3.0T...which is just 310 HP?

Should those purchasers all "debadge" because they selected the 3.0T engine?

Its not fair to say that someone who purchases an S4 and selects the OEM Supercharged badges as an option when purchasing their car or the Alu-optic stone guard package is the same type of poser who slaps a non OEM turbo (looks like porsche)on an A4 1.8T.

What other OEM options in your mind makes for a "poser"? Is it okay to select rubber floor mats over the carpet.

Selecting the SC Badges over the V6T Badges is similar...just a prefence while checking the order boxes.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default To badge or to debage that is the question - here is my weigh in

B6 S4 got the V8 badge installed (from a Merc. SL 55) because the guy at the golf course said his wife "had the same car" (B6 was originally not V8 badged.) "V8" from the Merc. has a good weight to it - nice and chunky like the B6S4.

On the 2012 I debadged all around - inspired by a recent trip to Germany where no-one badges ...

... and wtf was Audi thinking by badging a Supercharged car with V6T?

Have fun - personalization is the key.
Attached Images   
Old 08-13-2012, 05:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

+1

Quick Reply: If I take the "Supercharged" badges off...