S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Imolamonster Build Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 06:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like we have a couple Clevelanders here. I am also in Cleveland (west side) and would be interested in seeing difference in APR tune vs stock if you are up for it.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by S4inCtown
Sounds like we have a couple Clevelanders here. I am also in Cleveland (west side) and would be interested in seeing difference in APR tune vs stock if you are up for it.
Sure thing, send me a message and we will set it up!
Old 03-05-2012, 03:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Imolamonster
Sure thing, send me a message and we will set it up!
I'm in as well and have a vag com cable if anyone needs anything done with it... Patrick(Imola) and I were planning on hitting Thompson dragraceway in early April on a Sat. would you be able to join us? Would be cool to have 3 S4's... If not I am still open to meet up... Keep me posted... later Ron
Old 03-05-2012, 07:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

looks like we might have another who will go as well. that would be great to have a total of 4!
Old 03-05-2012, 07:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yea, I'd be up for a day at Thompson or maybe a day nelsons ledges.

What have you done with the Vag codes? I am new to that area, but did see a couple I would like to do. Enable video in motion on MMI, import burned cds, enable reverse mirror tilt, disable after wipe of windscreen wipers, disable NAV & Phone warning messages while entering data at speed, and enable Automatic Gear selection shown in DIS.

We should all try and get together sometime soon. Let me know if you want to in the near future.

-Jason
Old 03-06-2012, 04:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yea, I'd be up for a day at Thompson or maybe a day nelsons ledges.

What have you done with the Vag codes? I am new to that area, but did see a couple I would like to do. Enable video in motion on MMI, import burned cds, enable reverse mirror tilt, disable after wipe of windscreen wipers, disable NAV & Phone warning messages while entering data at speed, and enable Automatic Gear selection shown in DIS.

We should all try and get together sometime soon. Let me know if you want to in the near future.

-Jason
I plan to do a few track days and will be at the strip reguarly with the S and mustang... As for vagcom codes I did most of the usual... running lights don't turn off with turn signal, 100% brightness, windows up down with remote, etc. I don't have nav but I did JJlegacys and he has the Nav... I have a list of most of them so I can do whatever ones you want and we can always look them up on line... To be honest I bought the vagcom cable for datalogging more than changing things but it is a nice feature as well... If you track or dragrace the car you should have a cable IMHO... I am game to meet anytime, schedule permitting so let me know... I'll gladly help with the vag changes... I may not drive my S depending on weather as it doesn't see the elements and I have summer tires... This weekend is supposed to be decent so that may work... My wife has to teach Sat. morning but I am open most of the rest of the weekend... I am in Concord on the far east side by the way... later Ron
Old 03-06-2012, 04:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Imolamonster
looks like we might have another who will go as well. that would be great to have a total of 4!
I have a stage III B5 hopefully coming to race as well... That should be interesting...
Old 03-06-2012, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

unfortunately i would not be able to do anything this weekend. - my spring break starts and i will be back home in VA
Old 03-06-2012, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hey Guys!

3 new videos of the car being uploaded now! - Including a basic start up in the garage

i am no film master, so they are pretty basic, but i will have many better ones to come as soon as i can get a friend to help me with the filming.

http://www.youtube.com/imolamonster

Thanks!
Old 03-06-2012, 06:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by primetime
I plan to do a few track days and will be at the strip reguarly with the S and mustang... As for vagcom codes I did most of the usual... running lights don't turn off with turn signal, 100% brightness, windows up down with remote, etc. I don't have nav but I did JJlegacys and he has the Nav... I have a list of most of them so I can do whatever ones you want and we can always look them up on line... To be honest I bought the vagcom cable for datalogging more than changing things but it is a nice feature as well... If you track or dragrace the car you should have a cable IMHO... I am game to meet anytime, schedule permitting so let me know... I'll gladly help with the vag changes... I may not drive my S depending on weather as it doesn't see the elements and I have summer tires... This weekend is supposed to be decent so that may work... My wife has to teach Sat. morning but I am open most of the rest of the weekend... I am in Concord on the far east side by the way... later Ron
We might have to wait a week or so. I unfortunately have to help the lady friend move and paint the old place this weekend, but maybe if we get it all done on Saturday we could meet up Sunday. I'll keep you posted if things change.

Quick Reply: Imolamonster Build Thread!