S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Imolamonster Build Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the update. Cool stuff.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Imolamonster
The point of the system is to replace that 40-50 hp that is lost after the car has been running for about an hour. in this kit, there is a separate pump that works with the factory one. this means that you will have two pumps instead of the one, and to go along with that, it comes with the larger intercooler.

this power is most noticed around the red line area. it no longer tapers off as you approach redline in a higher gear, it now has the power to handle it in gears 3 and up

If you meant you dont' feel like you're losing power when heatsoak would have otherwise hurt you a bit, that's cool, but your post made it sound like a CPS was a power adder, which it is not.

What happened to this???

i cant wait to see what these changes PLUS MORE!! result in when i hit the strip this saturday!
Then on saturday i am going to hit up the strip.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by sakimano
If you meant you dont' feel like you're losing power when heatsoak would have otherwise hurt you a bit, that's cool, but your post made it sound like a CPS was a power adder, which it is not.

What happened to this???
unfortunately there was an event at the strip and i would have only been able to make like one pas or so. i decided to wait until this coming saturday.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hey Patrick, hows the new suspension set up feeling? How low do you have it adjusted? Sorry I couldnt stick around to see it finished up, maybe next time your out there ill swing by again.

By the way, how did those pictures turn out with my car in the reflection off your rear valance? Any worthy shots?

Tom
Old 08-23-2012, 05:31 AM
Banned

If you go with primetime again this weekend, why don't you guys BOTH run your cars in real street form...a.k.a. with all the seats in.

Take all your **** out of the trunk, even take the trunk floor liner out, whatever. Just leave all the interior in the car. That way when I add your time to the audirevolution.net/quartermile I don't have to mention that you riced it up

Would be interesting to see the delta between a headers car and a non-headers car since you both share similar modlists, otherwise.

What do you say?
Old 08-23-2012, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hey Tom -

definitely much better than the stock suspention. i only have it set about 1.2 inches lower all around. i want to keep it higher still because if it is low it wont work that great around Cleveland heights.

would love to show you it next time we meet up!
Old 08-23-2012, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Tom, You need to hit the strip with us and make some pasess for fun... I have a vag cable so if you need any mods I would be glad to do those as well...
Old 08-23-2012, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by sakimano
If you go with primetime again this weekend, why don't you guys BOTH run your cars in real street form...a.k.a. with all the seats in.

Take all your **** out of the trunk, even take the trunk floor liner out, whatever. Just leave all the interior in the car. That way when I add your time to the audirevolution.net/quartermile I don't have to mention that you riced it up

Would be interesting to see the delta between a headers car and a non-headers car since you both share similar modlists, otherwise.

What do you say?
ok, i will!
Old 08-23-2012, 08:57 AM

Are you guys (Patrick and Ron) going to the strip this weekend? Thompsons? If so, I might have an opportunity to drive up (as a spectator). Never been there and not sure what time of day to get there.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

it would be great to have another there.

it opens at 11!

Quick Reply: Imolamonster Build Thread!