S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Initial thoughts on Milltek non-res full system

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WPSMS
Im not totally clear, did you get the resonated downpipes or no? You mentioned the cat back version wo the down pipes. U might be able to order the resonated downpipes if thats not what you already have. If you search YouTube for the imola yellow s4 that NWS4Guy worked on, that one has Milltek Non resonated with the downpipes. Just a thought. Good Luck!
That is my car lol.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

It is your car!!!! I LOVE it! Please help me...Im pulling my hair out when it comes to what exhaust to get.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

It is your car!!!! I LOVE it! Please help me...Im pulling my hair out when it comes to what exhaust to get.
I just liked the sound of the full Milltek the best, plus I wanted the black oval tips. Honestly, it's on the border of being too loud, but man, it sounds great cruising around town. Just don't bog it (punch it in 5th gear at 30mph) and it won't bark.

Cruising around it's really quiet. Hardly hear it on the highway going 70mph in 6th... definitely don't hear it going 45mph in 5th.

I had the full APR exhaust on my B6, and it was resonated. It was way quieter, but the V8 helped it out a bit. The B8 IMO sound better under full throttle, but probably not as good idling or just slowly cruising. It is a V6 after all, so get ready for a different sort of sound.

My biggest worry was buying something too quiet, and I think the milltek full res would have been. However, it would still be better than stock!

If there are more sound clips you desire from my car, let me know. I'll try and set something up with NWS4guy and do some more filming... just tell me what you're looking for. Maybe I'll get that boost gauge and we can do a whole photo/film session again.

(even though I'll continue to get rude remarks about my tails! lol)
Old 05-04-2010, 03:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DrVolkl
I just liked the sound of the full Milltek the best, plus I wanted the black oval tips. Honestly, it's on the border of being too loud, but man, it sounds great cruising around town. Just don't bog it (punch it in 5th gear at 30mph) and it won't bark.

Cruising around it's really quiet. Hardly hear it on the highway going 70mph in 6th... definitely don't hear it going 45mph in 5th.

I had the full APR exhaust on my B6, and it was resonated. It was way quieter, but the V8 helped it out a bit. The B8 IMO sound better under full throttle, but probably not as good idling or just slowly cruising. It is a V6 after all, so get ready for a different sort of sound.

My biggest worry was buying something too quiet, and I think the milltek full res would have been. However, it would still be better than stock!

If there are more sound clips you desire from my car, let me know. I'll try and set something up with NWS4guy and do some more filming... just tell me what you're looking for. Maybe I'll get that boost gauge and we can do a whole photo/film session again.

(even though I'll continue to get rude remarks about my tails! lol)
I LOVE your tails! I would like some in the car clips please. I want to know how that sounds. Do you have resonated or non resonated downpipes? Were the downpipes hard to install?
Old 05-05-2010, 12:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I LOVE your tails! I would like some in the car clips please. I want to know how that sounds. Do you have resonated or non resonated downpipes? Were the downpipes hard to install?
I don't think there's an option as far as res/non res downpipes. If you get the Milltek downpipes, they have some sort of resonator in them and they're even quieter than stock. The black oval tip option, which is non-resonated has the resonator removed cat-back somewhere. ($1699 on strat's website) I have no idea where honestly. The whole package is more, but I didn't want to risk being too loud with stock down pipes. If there's another option with "straight down pipes" than you're definitely going to get something louder than mine. The $1299 option uses STOCK downpipes and this will be LOUDER. I imagine you could get a resonated cat-back with stock downpipes and get a decent sound ($1499)... no oval tips tho... and I considered getting this one.

My local shop said it was all pretty easy... they charged me $200.... which in my opinion was pretty damn cheap. Took em about 2 hours.... and I wouldn't call these guys "experts". Just a small ma/pa muffler place near my house... which was key, since I needed to get the large stock exhaust home!
Old 05-05-2010, 08:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DrVolkl
I don't think there's an option as far as res/non res downpipes. If you get the Milltek downpipes, they have some sort of resonator in them and they're even quieter than stock. The black oval tip option, which is non-resonated has the resonator removed cat-back somewhere. ($1699 on strat's website) I have no idea where honestly. The whole package is more, but I didn't want to risk being too loud with stock down pipes. If there's another option with "straight down pipes" than you're definitely going to get something louder than mine. The $1299 option uses STOCK downpipes and this will be LOUDER. I imagine you could get a resonated cat-back with stock downpipes and get a decent sound ($1499)... no oval tips tho... and I considered getting this one.

My local shop said it was all pretty easy... they charged me $200.... which in my opinion was pretty damn cheap. Took em about 2 hours.... and I wouldn't call these guys "experts". Just a small ma/pa muffler place near my house... which was key, since I needed to get the large stock exhaust home!
Thanks a lot! I know exactly what you are talking about I just ordered my Non res with the downpipes...I have finally made a choice! THANKS!
Old 05-05-2010, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks a lot! I know exactly what you are talking about I just ordered my Non res with the downpipes...I have finally made a choice! THANKS!
Alright, then you got the same system as I have. I think you'll like it. I imagine if you don't for some reason, you can always sell it! lol
Old 05-17-2010, 09:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well DrVokl, its done, the exhaust and intake are in and it sounds AMAZING!!!!
Old 05-17-2010, 10:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Well DrVokl, its done, the exhaust and intake are in and it sounds AMAZING!!!!
Cool dude, I hope you like it. There are occasions where I'm like "wtf... that doesn't sound quite right"... but that's only when I'm bogging it out. We had a long drive over the weekend with lots of twisties, shifting, etc etc and the car sounded so damn good.

So as long as your not driving it in the wrong gear, you're really going to enjoy this exhaust! Sounds as good as my V8 ever did... and I have no problem saying that.