S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

January Deliveries for NA

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 09:48 AM
srs
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default January Deliveries for NA

I hate to start a thread on a bummer - but it now appears that my S4 won't even be released to the carrier from the US port until 2010, no less in my hands

So - anyone else out there who had their S4 load in Germany on 12/8 (mine had been sitting for nearly 4 weeks on the dock - starting on 11/13 and apparently missed all three boats at the end of November)? What ship loaded on 12/8? FWIW it is then scheduled to unload at US port on 12/28.

Of course, my SA is confused as well - and can only tell me that it seems a long time to sit on the dock. He also says he has seen a VW arrive at the dealer which was still listed as on a boat by the accessaudi site (apparently they don't update consistently). So perhaps it actually did make an earlier boat - they just don't seem to know.

What a mess. At least he is willing to work with me to get the rebates which end at the end of '09.

Steve
Old 12-18-2009, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow sorry to hear that man

Here's hoping they were wrong! Mine was supposed to be on Triton Highway, which diappeared for 5 days between Emden and Halifax - arrived 5 days late to Halifax and is now somewhere between there and Brunswick, GA - due in Houston on 12/23.

They were WRONG though, mine was on Athens Highway, and is currently on a truck and should be here 12/23 or 12/25 - you might get a phone call soon with a pleasant surpise!
Old 12-18-2009, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by srs
So - anyone else out there who had their S4 load in Germany on 12/8 (mine had been sitting for nearly 4 weeks on the dock - starting on 11/13 and apparently missed all three boats at the end of November)? What ship loaded on 12/8? FWIW it is then scheduled to unload at US port on 12/28.
Those match my dates. Load on 12/8, port arrival 12/28 (not sure which port, not sure which boat). Looks like we may take delivery around the same time.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:12 PM
srs
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tails
Those match my dates. Load on 12/8, port arrival 12/28 (not sure which port, not sure which boat). Looks like we may take delivery around the same time.
The Lapis Arrow left Emden on 12/9 - it just left Halifax tonight. It's heading for Brunswick (GA) - due the afternoon of 12/21. It is now shown arriving at the Port of Houston on 12/25.

There is another car carrier - The Independence II left Bremerhaven on 12/8 and is due in Baltimore on 12/20. It doesn't look like it will go to Houston afterwards.

So - it looks like the Lapis Arrow would be the best for us.

Steve

Last edited by srs; 12-18-2009 at 08:18 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy

Here's hoping they were wrong! Mine was supposed to be on Triton Highway, which diappeared for 5 days between Emden and Halifax - arrived 5 days late to Halifax and is now somewhere between there and Brunswick, GA - due in Houston on 12/23.

They were WRONG though, mine was on Athens Highway, and is currently on a truck and should be here 12/23 or 12/25 - you might get a phone call soon with a pleasant surpise!
Nice NWS4Guy, looking forward to have another Quartz crew member, yours has been long overdue; hopefully you get the call soon and have it in time for Christmas.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy

NWS4Guy: I'm curious, did your dealer have an S4 allocated to them in their order bank when you ordered your car?

When I originally contacted the dealer (that I ultimately bought from), I was looking for something very specific and he told me that I should just order one and that he has one in "his" order bank. I ordered on 09/13 (after you) and took delivery on 11/30. I'm not trying to rub it in ... I'm just trying to figure out why yours is taking so long.

srs: What about your car? I'm wondering the same about yours ...
Old 12-18-2009, 06:50 PM
srs
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Chris
NWS4Guy: I'm curious, did your dealer have an S4 allocated to them in their order bank when you ordered your car?

When I originally contacted the dealer (that I ultimately bought from), I was looking for something very specific and he told me that I should just order one and that he has one in "his" order bank. I ordered on 09/13 (after you) and took delivery on 11/30. I'm not trying to rub it in ... I'm just trying to figure out why yours is taking so long.

srs: What about your car? I'm wondering the same about yours ...
I did about the same - my dealer altered their September allocation (originally sent by the dealer on 9/18) to my specifications on 9/25. It seems to have been produced and inspected by the factory in a relatively normal time frame (finished on 11/6) and arrived at the German port on 11/13.

After that things get weird. It was scheduled to load on 11/20 (but there wasn't actually a boat loaded that day) - which then changed to 11/28. I find it strange that it didn't make it onto any of the three boats that loaded at Emden at the end of November. Those boats hold upwards of 4,000 cars each!

I suppose it could be that it never was at Emden, but was sitting at Bremerhaven all this time. I really haven't checked to see what boats have left from Bremerhaven during this time.

Steve
Old 12-18-2009, 08:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris
They didn't have an open allocation, I hit it right when they were about to have one open, so I got the one for 9/12, I ordered mine on 9/7 - so I ran the entire gauntlet with no assist, hence the 100+ days wait
Old 12-24-2009, 07:41 AM
srs
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tails
I've been watching for the Lapis Arrow. Looks like it got caught in the east coast weather - it just pulled into Brunswick (three days late) and is now due in Houston on 12/26 (unload on Monday - 12/28?).

Hopefully, that's our boat.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:46 AM
srs
AudiWorld Senior Member

FWIW - The Lapis Arrow has unloaded in Houston and left port. I guess we will find out pretty soon if our S4s were on it.

Steve

Quick Reply: January Deliveries for NA