S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

January Deliveries for NA

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Your SA should have a notice updated in the Audi sytem if it's been unloaded and is either waiting on customs, or is through that and on a truck or rail car.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:36 PM
srs
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
Your SA should have a notice updated in the Audi sytem if it's been unloaded and is either waiting on customs, or is through that and on a truck or rail car.
It was on the Lapis Arrow, and has been invoiced to the dealer. My SA is talking to the shipper about when to expect it. Although I won't make the December delivery list, we've worked the papers so I do get the purchase deal and rebate/incentive $$, so I'm pleased about that.

Hopefully, it will come by truck - if so it should be here in about a week.

Hey Tails - did yours make it to port? What is your delivery date?

Steve

Last edited by srs; 12-30-2009 at 07:48 AM.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by srs
It was on the Lapis Arrow, and has been invoiced to the dealer.

Just got the email this morning that it's off the boat and has been invoiced! I'm going to head over and get the paperwork going on the 30th. Can't wait!

- Jeff
Old 12-29-2009, 09:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by srs
It was on the Lapis Arrow, and has been invoiced to the dealer. My SA is talking to the shipper about when to expect it. Although I won't make the December delivery list, we've worked the papers so I do get the lease deal and rebate/incentive $$, so I'm pleased about that.

Hopefully, it will come by truck - if so it should be here in about a week.

Steve
Hi Steve,

Might I ask what the lease deal was? I just ordered mine on a lease and got it down to $735/month for 36 months with $6000 down. Trying to see if I'm getting ripped.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:47 AM
srs
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by hbcucat
Hi Steve,

Might I ask what the lease deal was? I just ordered mine on a lease and got it down to $735/month for 36 months with $6000 down. Trying to see if I'm getting ripped.
Sorry, my mistake - I got the "Season of Audi" deal on my purchase (not lease) - e.g., they paid the first month payment (up to $1,000). As well, I got the "loyalty incentive" ($1,500) and the Audi Club North America $500 rebate for purchase - both needed to be done before the end of the year.

Steve
Old 12-31-2009, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Tails
Just got the email this morning that it's off the boat and has been invoiced! I'm going to head over and get the paperwork going on the 30th. Can't wait!
Car should arrive on the 3rd, ready for pickup on the 4th. I'm off today to get the paperwork going. Will have the Audi 6% supplier discount, then will finance only the exact amount needed to get 1000/mo payment, to reap the full Season of Audi benefit.

My top to-do items:

- Pick up a front filler plate.
- Debadge the V6T.
- Clear bra...

Actually, there was a used R8 in the showroom with a dealer-installed bra, and it was a slick install, much better than some others I've seen. But I'm not sure I want to pay what they're asking. I plan to confront them with a quote from another local installer and see if there's some wiggle room here. Anyone else been quoted for a clear-bra install?

FYI - for those of you still waiting - my time from order placed to expected delivery = 86 days.
Old 12-31-2009, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Tails
Car should arrive on the 3rd, ready for pickup on the 4th. I'm off today to get the paperwork going. Will have the Audi 6% supplier discount, then will finance only the exact amount needed to get 1000/mo payment, to reap the full Season of Audi benefit.

My top to-do items:

- Pick up a front filler plate.
- Debadge the V6T.
- Clear bra...

Actually, there was a used R8 in the showroom with a dealer-installed bra, and it was a slick install, much better than some others I've seen. But I'm not sure I want to pay what they're asking. I plan to confront them with a quote from another local installer and see if there's some wiggle room here. Anyone else been quoted for a clear-bra install?

FYI - for those of you still waiting - my time from order placed to expected delivery = 86 days.
Nice and grats! Min etook 106 days This weekend I plan to debadget my V6T. I need to get on the schedule to do the clear protetion, I'll be getting it many more places than just hood, but they quoted me $1600 for it I can get it much cheaper than this. Eventually I'll get tint, perhaps closer to warmer weather though.

Let me know what they get you for a filler, I need to order one - I am driving around with nothing there now (took off the front plate holder) so it looks bad.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:43 AM
srs
AudiWorld Senior Member

Mine also is on a truck from Houston to Central Oregon. It loaded yesterday. Jeff - what day did yours load?

I'm trying to arrange my schedule but I'm not getting a lot of help from my SA about when it should arrive at the dealer. I suppose it is about a day less transport time than to Seattle. Some months ago I was told it would take five days on the truck, but it seems it might not take that long - if Jeff's also loaded on 12/30 and he can pick it up on 1/3.

NWS4Guy, how many days was the actual transport time from Houston to Seattle? Knowing that should help me.

Thanks,

Steve
Old 12-31-2009, 01:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by srs
NWS4Guy, how many days was the actual transport time from Houston to Seattle? Knowing that should help me.

Thanks,

Steve
Mine unloaded from the ship on 12/16, truck loaded the same day.

Arrived at the dealer in Bellevue at 10:15am on 12/22 - I picked it up that evening, so 6 days.

So, 5 days sounds accurate if you were hearing 1 less than Seattle in the past.
Old 12-31-2009, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by srs
Mine also is on a truck from Houston to Central Oregon. It loaded yesterday. Jeff - what day did yours load?
I don't have an exact load date, other than 'arrived in port on 12/28'... My dealer expects it to arrive this weekend, with pre-delivery inspection and clear-bra installation taking place Monday.

Ended up going with the dealer installed clear-bra after having them price match a local installer.

Getting really excited now - can't wait until Monday!

Quick Reply: January Deliveries for NA