S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

January Deliveries for NA

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 07:32 PM
srs
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s4atx
Thanks... Excellent.. Now I just need to narrow it down to a particular vessel. :-)
It could be on the Hercules Highway. It is due in Houston on 1/15, after leaving Emden, Germany on 12/30.

You can find the "Port of Houston" arrivals here:

http://info.poha.com/vtraffic/arrivals.html

The Audi/VW car carriers dock in the "Turning Basin" - usually wharf 9T, and their "Line" is "VWA" so they are identifiable from the list in that way.

Steve
Old 01-06-2010, 08:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

so after 5 months of waiting the big day finnaly came! i picked it up after it sat at the dealer since New Years Eve. they put my winter wheels on and installed the 3M on hood, fenders, bumper and mirrors.

I could not be happier with this car! even though there's snow everywhere and i cant really have fun with it yet, the smothness and handling in these conditions is amazing!

her are a couple of pics of my new baby!

Old 01-08-2010, 12:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by srs
It could be on the Hercules Highway. It is due in Houston on 1/15, after leaving Emden, Germany on 12/30.

You can find the "Port of Houston" arrivals here:

http://info.poha.com/vtraffic/arrivals.html

The Audi/VW car carriers dock in the "Turning Basin" - usually wharf 9T, and their "Line" is "VWA" so they are identifiable from the list in that way.

Steve
Thanks Steve!
Old 01-09-2010, 12:02 PM
srs
AudiWorld Senior Member

Delivery day was yesterday!

She's all I hoped for - with one pretty glaring exception.

Drives great (although I am not pushing yet).

The glaring exception concerns the ADS controls. I did not order NAV+ - which seems to have impacted many other supposed "stand alone" options I did order, including ADS.

Yesterday, while going over the controls at the dealer, I noticed that there appeared to be no way to invoke the "Individual" setting for the ADS. The MMI didn't have the "Audi drive select individual" setting under CAR at all. The next three hours were spent trying to figure out why. At this point it looks like another "undocumented" difference between NAV and Non NAV cars. I just started a new thread, hoping for responses from others with US spec. B8S4s without NAV and with the full ADS package to see if it is just mine.

This is not the first time it appears that the plus in NAV+ really means something - without it you get low-end versions of supposedly "stand alone" systems. The same thing with the B&O stereo - the Non NAV+ version lacks the "sound focus" feature and the signal to the amp is analog where it is digital in NAV+ cars.

I'm not happy about that difference and the lack of information from AOA, but I love the car. I've got to wash her off before pictures - but they will follow.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DeutscheAuto
so after 5 months of waiting the big day finnaly came! i picked it up after it sat at the dealer since New Years Eve. they put my winter wheels on and installed the 3M on hood, fenders, bumper and mirrors.

I could not be happier with this car! even though there's snow everywhere and i cant really have fun with it yet, the smothness and handling in these conditions is amazing!

her are a couple of pics of my new baby!
Very nice and clean! They did a great job on the 3M you can only JUST barely make it out if you know to look for it!
Old 01-11-2010, 06:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Getting Closer

Found out today that my S4 arrived in Davisville, RI on Sat. 1/9. Based on the ship tracking info I learned from the smart folks on this forum, I figured out it was on the Marina Ace that left Emden, Germany on 12/28 and is now headed to Brunswick, GA. My dealer (Rietzl in MA) is willing to send someone to retrieve the car instead of waiting for the normal truck carrier, but they need release paperwork from Audi before they can get it. I may be able to pick it up this weekend. Placed the deposit on 9/28/09, so the total wait time has been about 3 1/2 long months.

Getting anxious now!