S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Just dropped my car off this morning....

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 11:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just dropped my car off this morning....

-APR HSC Exhaust w/ black tips
-APR Pulley Kit
-APR Stage II+ Tune
-Stainless Steel brake lines
-Alu Kreuz stabilizer kit

Should receive it back Thursday or Friday...
Old 03-06-2012, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Lazy Dog
-APR Pulley Kit
-APR Stage II+ Tune

it will be a whole different car when you get it back! you'll love it
Old 03-07-2012, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

-APR Pulley Kit
-APR Stage II+ Tune

May I ask what kinda deal you got on this ? Did you get a discount for going all out ?
Old 03-07-2012, 03:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

APR didn't give me any break on the hardware on this upgrade, but they threw in some extra programming on the ECU tune free of charge.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just picked up the car. I only got a few chances to open it up and the improvement is pretty dramatic above 3000 rpm's. I love the sound of the apr hsc exhaust. It sounds incredible under wide open throttle but goes stealthy quiet at cruising speed. Tomorrow I'm going for an early canyon run to test out the alu kruez and whole package.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Just picked up the car. I only got a few chances to open it up and the improvement is pretty dramatic above 3000 rpm's. I love the sound of the apr hsc exhaust. It sounds incredible under wide open throttle but goes stealthy quiet at cruising speed. Tomorrow I'm going for an early canyon run to test out the alu kruez and whole package.
keep in mind it will take at least 3 weeks for the ecu to be fully broken in - its like more power gains every week lol - enjoy!
Old 03-10-2012, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Sounds like it realy is an entirely different car. Once APR allows the local dealers to flash (hopefully another few weeks) Im going to go from stock software to Stage 2 and pulley. I already have exhaust and intake. I may have to do alu kruez, stainless lines and brake caliper bushings too. So many parts to buy but each trip to Eurotech means I need to work another 2 shifts in the ER for $$$. I can't deal with peoples whinning anymore.

Can't wait to hear your feelings on the car after you canyon drive and a few weeks from now
Old 03-10-2012, 10:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Okay...just came home after a two hour spirited drive through the canyons north of Los Angeles. Here's my feedback so far...

-APR Stage II+ and Pulley -- I'm already noticing the improvement and can't believe there will be even more in a few weeks. Above 3000 rpms and the car turns into a torque monster. The throttle response is much more sensitive and readily available. Coming out of the apex, my car pushes me back into my seat and never seems to lose torque.

At the end of my drive I encountered a brand new m3 with dealer Plates on the road. We took turns tailgating one another until we finally hit a red light. He pulls up next to me at the light and throws a few revs. I switched into dynamic and manual mode. Light turns green and I took him out of the hole. I was about half a car length ahead in 2nd gear towards redline. 3rd gear I slowly started pulling away and gained another car length. we both shut it down at that point, but I definitely had him. For those on the fence, APRstage II+ is the real deal and M3 equalizer. Maybe I'll encounter a better driver in his M3 the next time, but the S4 held its own today and hopefully left that driver demoralized all day.

-APR Exhaust -- This is the perfect balance for me. At idle it's a nice low rumble that emulates a V8. Under wide open throttle, the exhaust sounds exotic and aggressive. At freeway speeds it is a very low soothing rumble that is more refined and quiet than stock. No drone at all. It reminds me of my Tenabe Medallion Touring exhaust I installed on my 2008 Lexus gs460. The black tips look amazing up against my Phantom Black paint.

-Alu Kruez -- Subtle yet noticeable when you push your car towards it's limit. On turns with a little bounce or lift, the car felt more predictable and tight into the turns. It's not like there was anything drastically wrong with the stock setup, but this part just adds a slight bit of refinement to an already incredible car. I need to see the difference on my next track day up at Buttonwillow. I need to drive it more to give a more honest review.

-Stainless Brake Lines -- I've do this upgrade on my last five cars I've owned. Today was a hot day in SoCal nearly 85 degrees. Also on the canyon roads I'm on the brakes constantly. The pedal felt responsive and solid for most of the drive. I experienced a little brake fade in the last half hour, but I attribute that to my stock pads/rotors/calipers.

My next mod will probably simply be brake pads. I might look at a pad from Carbotech or Stoptech once I wear down my stocks. I'm actually pretty satisfied with the stock pads so far, but need something a little more aggressive for the track/canyon runs.
Old 03-10-2012, 02:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

One more thing about the APR exhaust...

It does accentuate the fart sound during dsg shifts. It's hilarious!!!
Old 03-10-2012, 09:56 PM
Banned

One more thing about the APR exhaust...

It does accentuate the fart sound during dsg shifts. It's hilarious!!!
we had a meet a few weeks ago, and one of the guys (TT owner) wasn't familiar with the fart, and when he heard a B8 A4 Avant 2.0T farting on shifts, he doubled over laughing...he had no idea what the **** was going on.

It is pretty funny. It's the red avant right in the middle of the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHC_npkINrg