S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Just ordered new S4 thorough Zag.com!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just ordered new S4 thorough Zag.com!

Mine is a 2011 Ice Silver prestige with black/red nappa, S-tronic, the adjustable suspension, and Titanium package. I am so glad I had accidently cancelled my 2011 order because I hated the rims and I had not ordered the adjustable suspension. First thing I am going to do is take the V6T badge off. Since the mirrors will match the paint, it will be the ultimate sleeper. I'll leave the S4 badge for the educated to spot. This will be my daily driver pluse weekend autocross/DE car. I plan on joining SCCA and Audi club so I can open this baby up without worries. Already reading some racing books to learn the lingo. Since the delivery time is usually 3-4 months, I'll be getting it in the beginning of the spring, perfect timing for the snow to melt! I'll probably end up getting the Militek exhaust and the most silent intake that's available...and oh yeah, snow tires for the next winter...I can't wait!
Old 11-26-2010, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Oh for the interested party, the price was $500 over the invoice.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Congrats on the new order! That's going to be one decked-out ride. I'm using Zag as well to negotiate placing my order. It's a great service, if you can find a dealer close enough to work with you. The best pricing that I've come across is about $775 over invoice, but that's still awesome. Enjoy the wait...
Old 11-26-2010, 07:22 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats on the order and the great price. BTW, how do you "accidentally" cancel an order? Perhaps you could explain how Zag.com works so that other may take advantage.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

I tried ZAG in the Bay Area back in April when I got my car and the price displayed was $75 below MSRP. Getting a deal on an S4 here is almost impossible. I went the old fashion was and haggled. Got the $1000 BMW conquer rebate and an additional $1750 off MSRP. Couldn't get anything remotely close to invoice.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:09 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sf_loft
I tried ZAG in the Bay Area back in April when I got my car and the price displayed was $75 below MSRP. Getting a deal on an S4 here is almost impossible. I went the old fashion was and haggled. Got the $1000 BMW conquer rebate and an additional $1750 off MSRP. Couldn't get anything remotely close to invoice.
The market for this car seems to vary significantly by geographic region. I would be you could get a pretty good deal in Fl. Doesn't help those not in FL though. End of December would be a good time time to buy one off the lot.
Old 11-26-2010, 12:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

In Milwaukee, I had no luck haggling at all. They told me to go to the infiniti dealer if I wanted discounts on that order. I did check at the time I was purchasing and there were only two S4s in the Chicago-Milwaukee-Madison area on lots. I've only seen 2 other S4s in Milwaukee.

In some markets it is a very rare car and I could get nothing anywhere near what people in NY and SoCal seem to get on these forums.
Old 11-26-2010, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

It probably helps that there are three other B8 S4's in my town. A black, a sprint blue, and yellow one. But I'll be the only 2011 silver one with the titanium package, which I think will look totally killer.
Old 11-26-2010, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Zag.com worked out great for me. If you can get a good Zag price from a dealer that is farther away, you can use that to negotiate a price with a dealer closer to you.

I had a dealer about 1 1/2 hours away offer me $500 over invoice while two other dealers closer to me offered me $1200 and $1500 over invoice. I called them up and asked them if they would match. One of them agreed. It never hurts to ask.
Old 11-27-2010, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

If you get a good enough price with Zag it can be totally worth it to get the car shipped. A friend of mine got a car shipped ~1500 miles and it only cost $700. Or you could hop on a plane and drive back in your new rig. Since you are specifying all of the options the risk is minimal, just make sure you have a camera and that you make notes on the delivery ticket (or be prepared to not take delivery) in the somewhat unlikely case there is an damage to the car.

Quick Reply: Just ordered new S4 thorough Zag.com!