S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Kinda worried about the S4 seats......I am not a small guy!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 08:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seat option

I might cancel my S4 order and get another Avant. If I do I am going to spend the same as my S4 order on APR stuff. If your interested in a seat trade plus cash let me know. My S4 is on order b/c I only ordered it with 3 options (Napa Leather, DSG, and Sport Diff).
Old 06-19-2011, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by MadMadS4
You are clinically obese (BMI > 30). Lose some weight ... the Audi can be your reward.
Muscle weighs more than fat. How do you know he isn't cut beyond belief and will tap dance on your head for being so rude?

Been studying martial arts on and off for almost 30 years and one thing you never do is assume something about people.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I thinkable biggest issue, even though I am rather short is, the difficulty with ingress and egress. I find it pretty tricky to slide in and out.

Also, where are you located if you're going to carousel?
Old 06-19-2011, 11:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm 6'6" and think the seats are great. I also find ingress/egress a little difficult on the B8. Never had the issue on my old B5. Something about how these newer seats sit lower to the ground plus some pretty substantial side bolsters makes me have to grab for something to pull myself up and out of the car.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by DrGP
My s4 is my second brillaint red S4. I'm 60 yrs old and have long since gone though any mid life crisis. I just like red cars. If the truth be known, I really would have preferred some type of medium red metallic red color. But what i really like is that even when it is not clean, it doesn't look dirty, unlike my previous black 335i which never looked clean.
I'm 44 so maybe I AM going thru a mid life crisis! :-)

I have a Torch Red Corvette, a Tornado Red GTI and a Brilliant Red B8 S4. All 3 are different colors of red. I thought the Vette was a sweet looking red until I got the Audi. Now the Vette looks like it has some orange or yellow in the paint. Tough to explain but I had them sitting next to each other this weekend and the Vette color is lacking in depth compared w/ the Audi. The GTI is close...but just doesn't have the brilliance of the Audi either. Brilliant Red is the perfect name for this color.

I'd love to see our Red S4's compared to a Ferrari Red.

On the seats...I'm 6'6" and weigh 215. I think my BMI is a 17 or something like that. The B pillar gets in the way sometimes...especially if I have my George Costanza wallet in my left pants pocket. This is not a SUV which might have lot's of room to accommodate moving a pillar, making a door slightly larger to provide a bigger opening, higher off the ground so we can slide in/out easier.

I think of the B8 S4 like snow ski boots. If you are wearing loose fitting boots you cannot control the skis as well. If you want to control the ski's and you know something about custom fitted ski boots they often hurt getting your feet in them...but once your feet are buckled in they are snug and comfortable and ready to carve your way through that mountain traffic!!!
Old 06-20-2011, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hey guys, this thread seems to have been resurrected from 11 months ago. =)
Old 06-21-2011, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

The lumbar support is really uncomfortable. It doesnt retract
all the way in and pushes in your back like a hard fist. I'm pretty
bummed on these seats to be honest. I'm sure previous generation
seats are much better. Especially if Recaro made them.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by northskatea4
The lumbar support is really uncomfortable. It doesnt retract
all the way in and pushes in your back like a hard fist. I'm pretty
bummed on these seats to be honest. I'm sure previous generation
seats are much better. Especially if Recaro made them.
I love the seats and do not know what you are talking about. Go figure. Seating comfort can be very personal and subjective. I am about 6'1" and 200lbs. Best seats I have ever had.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Nica
Hi:

My only concern with getting the S4 is the seat comfort. I own a Q7 and like those seats although they are a little too "soft" for me. I will not be able to test drive one for another month and I have been reading that if you are a bigger guy, they can be tight. I am 6'2" 240.......notHUGE but not a svelte guy either. Any have critiques on the seats they can share??

Thanks....GREAT forum!!!

Will
I just purchased my S4 in in the beginning of the month. I am 6'2" 230 lbs. and really enjoy the seats. plenty of room and lots of lateral stability. The only difficulty i have is getting in and out of the car. My previous vehicle was Chevy Tahoe. Hopefully it just takes getting used to.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skier42439
I just purchased my S4 in in the beginning of the month. I am 6'2" 230 lbs. and really enjoy the seats. plenty of room and lots of lateral stability. The only difficulty i have is getting in and out of the car. My previous vehicle was Chevy Tahoe. Hopefully it just takes getting used to.
Same experience here and I'm 6'4" 220 lbs. I find the seats so supportive that I can be perfectly comfortable with far less recline than in previous cars, putting me in a better driving position.

Quick Reply: Kinda worried about the S4 seats......I am not a small guy!!