S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Latest mod...

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Latest mod...

Got my new LW rear rotors from JH Motorsports today... They weighed the 11.5-6 as advertised... Was going to put them on today but still not feeling the best and left my laptop at the office(need it for vagcom)... Will get them on soon though... Would prefer the same fastners as Brembo uses for the hat to the rotor but will see how these work... Little bummed I have to go to Pitt Sat. as it is supposed to be high 60's and I would like to hit the strip... Oh well...

Old 08-14-2012, 03:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't stop staring at your toe!
Old 08-14-2012, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Toecutter
Do you need some alone time?
Old 08-14-2012, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LeoR604
Do you need some alone time?
LOL!
Old 08-15-2012, 07:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Toecutter
watch out primetime...his username means he doesn't **** around.

Old 08-16-2012, 05:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

So you are the one who got the last rear set! I was the 2nd to order them 1 hour after the post was made on AZine and I only was able to get the front set.

Would love to hear more about them from you as well as some pics on the car. I plan to adding them with a new set of lightweight wheels as well as lightweight battery in the next month or two (depending on when JHM ships the rear set).
Old 08-16-2012, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Akrion
So you are the one who got the last rear set! I was the 2nd to order them 1 hour after the post was made on AZine and I only was able to get the front set.

Would love to hear more about them from you as well as some pics on the car. I plan to adding them with a new set of lightweight wheels as well as lightweight battery in the next month or two (depending on when JHM ships the rear set).
Sorry about that... lol I was trolling that other site and saw the post and ordered ASAP especially since they said a limited supply...

Anyway, I'll post pics once I get them installed(planning to do Sunday as long as nothing comes up)... I like your plans on wheels and a battery... I lost 11 lbs per wheel(58 v 47) by going from the stock peelers to BBS CHR's, which aren't exactly lightweight but I really liked the looks as well... Whose battery are you going to go with?
Old 08-16-2012, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by primetime
Sorry about that... lol I was trolling that other site and saw the post and ordered ASAP especially since they said a limited supply...

Anyway, I'll post pics once I get them installed(planning to do Sunday as long as nothing comes up)... I like your plans on wheels and a battery... I lost 11 lbs per wheel(58 v 47) by going from the stock peelers to BBS CHR's, which aren't exactly lightweight but I really liked the looks as well... Whose battery are you going to go with?
Do I smell a new record???
Old 08-16-2012, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by FatalBert
Do I smell a new record???
Yeah will see better times this fall... Even w/o stage III I think I can pull a very high 11.6x in the right conditions... It may happen even sooner as the Imolamonster is going this Sat. and the weather is supposed to be very cool for this time of year... However, there is a big event so he won't get many passes and he could heat soak while staging... Not sure if he will be gutting the car for this weekend but maybe he will chime in... My times will be full weight minus the spare/tools and any additional weight loss mods(maybe battery) Unfortunately, I have family commitments so I can't go this weekend but I'll be back at it in the coming weeks... Haven't gone much this summer as it has been way to hot and I have a ton of family things going on...
Old 08-16-2012, 06:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by primetime

I have MORR on order (19lbs per wheel) so I expect good gains just from that. With the JHM rotors and the Braille 21lbs battery I expect more than 75lbs+ weight loss.
Once all is set and installed I will hit the drag strip and see what happens  The only problem is I am in FL and the weather here currently is as you would imagine … not what the doctor prescribed 

As far as mods are concerned I am only missing the headers but as of now not seriously considering them due to the extra sound I will have to deal with … I do think my Resonated AWE is perfect as it is.

Looking forward to the pics!

Quick Reply: Latest mod...