S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Launch Control Thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 11:11 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZCD2.7T
Gee, thanks, Saki - very mature reply.

Who pi**ed in your Cheerios this morning?

Just because I drive a B8 S4 and you drive an RS4 doesn't mean that we can't be (internet) friends, right?

Sheesh.
I deleted where I called you an idiot. I'll assume you're just confused.

But answer the question. Why did you say you were grabbing popcorn when a local B8 guy said he could get together to test his car? You're the one who implied there was some contentious showdown about to happen, when in reality I just want to get you guys some data on your cars because I hear lots of conflicting reports on the effectiveness of launch control.

In case you are still confused, don't forget I have met and spent time with half a dozen B8 S4 guys from these forums. I have no problems being friends with them and don't play these lame *** platform vs. platform games so many people do. I will step in and call someone out for sharing misinformation or being a moron but I like all of the cars, thank you very much. For the twentieth time, don't forget that I owned a B8 in early 2009, before you probably even placed an order for yours.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by sakimano
....Why did you say you were grabbing popcorn when a local B8 guy said he could get together to test his car?
Ummmmm, because I'm genuinely interested to read/hear about the results? Had you considered that as a possibility for the reason for my post??

Seriously, someone has a chip on their shoulder in all these discussions, and it isn't me.

What's the point of pointing out that you owned a B8 before I bought mine, or that you have friends with B8s??? How are those things even relevant to a discussion about launch control??

I'm also not the one calling people names.

Regardless, I'll look forward to the results of the testing.

Last edited by ZCD2.7T; 09-26-2012 at 12:49 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ZCD2.7T
Ummmmm, because I'm genuinely interested to read/hear about the results? Had you considered that as a possibility for the reason for my post??

Seriously, someone has a chip on their shoulder in all these discussions, and it isn't me.

What's the point of pointing out that you owned a B8 before I bought mine, or that you have friends with B8s??? How are those things even relevant to a discussion about launch control??

I'm also not the one calling people names.

Regardless, I'll look forward to the results of the testing.
umm...nobody uses the popcorn crack on forums to convey 'genuine interest'.

My reference to the fact I have owned a B8 platform car for ages is simple...you (and a load of guys on the B8 forum) love to paint me as a B8 hater (when I've never said anything negative about the car in reality). Usually I am painted as a B8 hater when I point out the ABSURDITY of someone's claims or when I defend the RS4.

Anyway, if you want to play this game where the popcorn app was all innocent, that's fine. I'll move on.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Can't we all just get along =/
sakimano how many pulls were you'd like to do with LC on and LC off?
Old 10-01-2012, 12:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TO407S4
Can't we all just get along =/
sakimano how many pulls were you'd like to do with LC on and LC off?
lol

just a couple...don't want to stress your car out

maybe 2 of each. Whereabouts are you located? PM me if you want.

I have vagcom in case you don't and want some coding/logging changes done. Can kill two birds with one stone.