S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Limited time offer, free Alu Kreuz Drivetrain Stabilizer...

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 04:16 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Limited time offer, free Alu Kreuz Drivetrain Stabilizer...

…with the purchase of APR's B8 S4/S5 3.0 TFSI ECU Upgrade and APR's 3.0 TFSI Supercharger Pulley Upgrade

Here you go guys...Eurocode Tuning is offering a free Alu Kreuz Drivetrain Stabilizer with the purchase of APR B8 S4/S5 3.0 TFSI ECU Upgrade and the APR 3.0 TFSI Supercharger Pulley Upgrade. This offer is available to new orders only that are placed between August 31, 2011 and September 15, 2011. This offer cannot be combined with any other promotion(s) being offered by APR or Eurocode Tuning and is only eligible for those who live outside our normal commute area.

How it works:
  • Call us up at 310-294-8108
  • We take your order
  • Supercharger pulley kit is shipped direct to you from us
  • Alu Kreuz is shipped direct to you from us
  • You remove your ECU, place the authorization code that is provided with the pulley kit on it
  • You ship your ECU direct to APR for programming
  • APR returns your ECU to you and you do the installation

Details on the APR B8 S4/S5 3.0 TFSI ECU Upgrade
Details on the APR 3.0 TFSI Supercharger Pulley Upgrade
Details on the Eurocode B8 S4/S5 Alu Kreuz Drivetrain Stabilizer

Customer Reviews!!

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/437726

Originally Posted by mikejsully
After much anticipation I was able to get the Alu Kreuz installed on Thursday. Right out of the box you the piece feels solid and rigid, it is not until you compare the factory part to this that you really understand how much Audi skimped on bolstering the subframe in this car.

Install was easy, since the install manual was not complete when these shipped I emailed Eurocode for torque specs and they promptly replied. This is my first interaction with them and I am very impressed with the customer service they have provided so far. OK Back to the install... Once the car is up on stands and the belly pan was removed it only took 10 minutes to swap the parts. Very straight forward! Just watch out for the power steering line that is attached to the brace... you do not want to rip that sucker off. Overall the hardest part of the install is mounting the belly pan back to the Alu Kreuz. The provided machine screws are almost too short and it makes finding the holes difficult. Had I been using a lift this may not have been an issue.

Driving impressions - I felt an immediate improvement in how the front end behaved. At times I felt the car (stock) was a bit mushy (sorry for the vague description, but it is the only word that suited my feelings) up front, especially in slow to medium speed turns. Almost felt like the outside wheel wanted to lean over. That feeling is all but gone now. I have to admit, I also had the thought "I just paid good money so there needs to be a tangible result... it is not just my mind I swear" but after a back to back drive in a relatives S5 (which stock feels a little more solid than the stock S4) I could really notice the difference. Very happy with the result, turn in is crisper and the mushy front end is banned. Not sure if this is just me but my car also seems to track better as well.

For such a simple solution that will never be seen this is a beautiful piece to look at, if only I was under the car more to admire it! at least it is safe under the belly pan. The stock piece is a joke in comparison. Almost looks and feels like an afterthought. A sad sign of a company known for over engineering their products moving to cost cutting measures in the wrong areas.

If you just commute in your car or never drive in a spirited manner (not sure why you would buy a car like this if so) then this would be a waste of money. The S4 is a fine handling car out of the box, but this just pins the front end down so you can enjoy it even more. At the group buy price this part was a steal, after driving around in it for a few days I can say I would gladly have paid the full price plus shipping.

Thank you Greg at Eurocode for the quick responses and help with the torque specs. Cannot wait to give you more of my money... if only I could justify the headers. How about an APR Pulley and install Kit once you get some in stock?

Mike
Originally Posted by jimmyrecluse
I've got this. It's awesome as ****. Looks hot too.
Originally Posted by rugbylion
I had this installed yesterday and it makes a very noticeable difference in handling and I am very pleased with this mod. The car just seems to be even more capable of tackling low and high speed turns with ease. I couldn't believe the stock part compared to Eurocode's Alu Kreuz Stabilizer. The stock part looked like a skinny pretzel.
As always, David and Greg rolled out the carpet for their customers and I was also invited to drive David's Sprint Blue Beast. What they have done to this car is incredible! I'll be headed back there for some H&R spacers soon. Thanks again to EC for their service and the new stabilizer!
Originally Posted by AofC_RR
Just got mine on the car Friday. Definitely helps tighten up the steering. I know it's less of an issue for you S4 guys but in the B8 A4 it's too light.
Originally Posted by pyramid
Got mine installed today. I'm very happy with it. I would describe the sensation like putting a good strut tower brace in another car.
Impressions: Car seems to track straighter/truer under straight line hard acceleration/braking and cruising. Front end feels like there is more feel than before, especially at the limit. On my test drive today I drove exceptionally hard into a few corners and instead of the stock uncertainty about how much the front end was pushing it felt like there was immediate feedback of exactly how much grip/slip was going on. Everything feels better connected and the communication is much improved.
The front actually feels so much more solid now that I could really feel the slop in the rear end and differentiate the two easily. This made me wonder, is there a similar part that could be upgraded in the rear to serve a similar function? I would buy one of those today if such a thing existed.

Last edited by info@ecodetuning; 09-01-2011 at 01:28 PM.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice offer... Looking forward to getting mine on... Now if someone would post some good data on your headers I would own those as well...
Old 09-01-2011, 01:30 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ron, what type of data would you like? I will do my best to put it together for you.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by info@ecodetuning
Ron, what type of data would you like? I will do my best to put it together for you.
Thanks I appreciate that... Given there currently are no customer dyno's that I am aware of or 1/4 mile passes that I am aware of, I remain somewhat skeptical on how much they would help... I know they will help some but could I come close by gutting my current cats???

Fonzi's strip times tell me that test pipes v LFC's or stock is worth a few tenths, how much more will I get out of headers? CircuitTested's comments and feedback help but a roadcourse has a lot of variables that can influence results... I still really appreciate his time and work on this car...

Didn't APR have a set of your headers that they were going to test? I read this on another forum and don't visit there any more so I can't post a link... What happened there? I believe they still run 034 test pipes?

With that being said same dyno adjusted for the elements is a more reliable comparison IMO... Even better is a 1/4 pass at the same track with similar DA's and the only change being the headers... I would prefer a DSG car but I'll take a 6-speed #'s... Needs to be the same driver and not someone associated with the manufacturer... If you guys want me to test a set I'll cover install and get dyno's and strip times... Heck I'll gut the cats get those #'s and then install the headers and get those #'s... LOL!

All that a side you guys are great for the communitty so don't take this as me being a dick, just getting burned on these cats has made me more suspect... Plus it's an expensive mistake, I am fortunate that I can afford the car and mods but making $2,000 or more "mistakes" hurts and prevents me from making other mods... Looking forward to more of your products and maybe the headers at some point... What happened with the HE?