S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Loaner if you bought from diff dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 02:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loaner if you bought from diff dealer?

I am buying my S4 out of state and plan on getting it serviced at my local dealer. Someone just told me my local dealer might not give me a loaner if I bought the car elsewhere. Is this true?
Old 12-10-2010, 02:52 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Probably so for one day repairs/service. If anything major requiring multiple days in the shop, it can probably be arranged. But policy varies from dealer to dealer.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Muray
I am buying my S4 out of state and plan on getting it serviced at my local dealer. Someone just told me my local dealer might not give me a loaner if I bought the car elsewhere. Is this true?

Most dealers around me will not provide loaner unless car was purchased at their dealer. Very annoying indeed.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by terminal nonchalance
Most dealers around me will not provide loaner unless car was purchased at their dealer. Very annoying indeed.

that sux. Doesnt happen with my Lexus. My co worker owns a 5 series and it doesn happen to him either. Sometimes it may be a matter of how many loaners a dealeship has But it really should in no way happen. Personally, I would be on the phone with AOA about it because Johan stated in November that he is demanding that North american dealerships make a committment at ensuring audi customers are satisfied. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease"
Old 12-10-2010, 08:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have not had the problem with my audi dealer, but I did have the issue with both my old BMW and a vw we bought out the area. Generally our local dealers are sub par. It is a significant drive to the next nearest dealers so they take advantage.

Lexus is still on another level concerning customer service levels, I think Audi is catching up.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by mark_nimda
that sux. Doesnt happen with my Lexus. My co worker owns a 5 series and it doesn happen to him either. Sometimes it may be a matter of how many loaners a dealeship has But it really should in no way happen. Personally, I would be on the phone with AOA about it because Johan stated in November that he is demanding that North american dealerships make a committment at ensuring audi customers are satisfied. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease"
Total nonsense. You have zero loyalty to that dealer yet expect that dealer to be loyal to you.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Omeletpants
Total nonsense. You have zero loyalty to that dealer yet expect that dealer to be loyal to you.
Technically, you are correct. A dealer doesnt have to do squat and many of them are greedy ****'s but its not a matter of a dealar being loyal to me, rather, its a matter of AUDI being loyal to me. You wont find Lexus dealerships pulling that crap because they have to answer to Lexus if they do.

My co worker bought his 5 series in NY 4 years ago. Since he has been in FL, he has had no problems with VISTA BMW (a dealership in Coconut Creek FL) in getting a loaner during his service. He says VISTA BMW treats him woderfully and thats the way it should be. At the very least, It certainly makes good business sense if you are servicing your car there

If all their loaners are out (assuming they are sincere about that) then thats a different story. What I normaly do with my previous Lexus cars is I make a service appt a few days ahead of time so that way, I always have had a loaner. Have never ever had any problem with The lexus shop closest to me even though I have ever been able to land a good deal there

I say If the dealer flat outright refuses to play ball on the loaner, then he should have to answer to AUDI. I dont see why AUDI cant find a way arrange the same benefit to its customers that its competitors offer. I honestly think that in the end, AUDI will be more than happy to find a way to get the owner a loaner. Like I said, the "Squeaky wheel gets the grease" if thats what it must come down to
Old 12-11-2010, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by terminal nonchalance
I have not had the problem with my audi dealer, but I did have the issue with both my old BMW and a vw we bought out the area. Generally our local dealers are sub par. It is a significant drive to the next nearest dealers so they take advantage.

Lexus is still on another level concerning customer service levels, I think Audi is catching up.
and there is no reason why AUDI cant do the same. It really comes down to AUDI making it work somehow. That's who I am pointing the finger at, not the dealership because some dealers are jerks
Old 12-11-2010, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 545 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by Omeletpants
Based on the amount charged by most Audi dealers for service, a free loaner is a reasonable expectation.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

My local dealer does free loaners through the warranty period, after warranty you only get a loaner if you bought there.

Quick Reply: Loaner if you bought from diff dealer?