S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Loaner if you bought from diff dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by JD15
Based on the amount charged by most Audi dealers for service, a free loaner is a reasonable expectation.
More nonsense. They don't charge any more than any other high end dealers.

Let's do this again: if you have zero loyalty to the dealer, expect zero loyalty from him.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by mark_nimda
Technically, you are correct. A dealer doesnt have to do squat and many of them are greedy ****'s but its not a matter of a dealar being loyal to me, rather, its a matter of AUDI being loyal to me. You wont find Lexus dealerships pulling that crap because they have to answer to Lexus if they do.

My co worker bought his 5 series in NY 4 years ago. Since he has been in FL, he has had no problems with VISTA BMW (a dealership in Coconut Creek FL) in getting a loaner during his service. He says VISTA BMW treats him woderfully and thats the way it should be. At the very least, It certainly makes good business sense if you are servicing your car there

If all their loaners are out (assuming they are sincere about that) then thats a different story. What I normaly do with my previous Lexus cars is I make a service appt a few days ahead of time so that way, I always have had a loaner. Have never ever had any problem with The lexus shop closest to me even though I have ever been able to land a good deal there

I say If the dealer flat outright refuses to play ball on the loaner, then he should have to answer to AUDI. I dont see why AUDI cant find a way arrange the same benefit to its customers that its competitors offer. I honestly think that in the end, AUDI will be more than happy to find a way to get the owner a loaner. Like I said, the "Squeaky wheel gets the grease" if thats what it must come down to
If you weren't so greedy trying to wring out every last dollar shopping the car then you would understand that doing business is a reciprocal arrangement. Look at your own greed first. Grow up and learn how good business relationships are formed

BTW, I just noticed in a different thread that you are the same guy that took an R8 out for a test drive and had no intention of buying. You seem to be a guy that likes to work the system for free stuff, waste people's time and resources and use companies for your own benefit.

Last edited by Omeletpants; 12-11-2010 at 09:16 AM.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 552 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by Omeletpants

Let's do this again: if you have zero loyalty to the dealer, expect zero loyalty from him.
Not nonsense at all. I know of many high-end dealers for other makes that provide loaners regardless of whether the car was purchased from them. If Audi dealers were charging Toyota, Mazda or Honda labor rates, I would not expect a loaner, but expectations increase as service costs rise. This has nothing to do with loyalty.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by JD15
Not nonsense at all. I know of many high-end dealers for other makes that provide loaners regardless of whether the car was purchased from them. If Audi dealers were charging Toyota, Mazda or Honda labor rates, I would not expect a loaner, but expectations increase as service costs rise. This has nothing to do with loyalty.
LOL. Now I get it. You don't like the service rates so they should give you free stuff. Maybe you should get that free stuff from the dealer that sold you the car.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mark_nimda
and there is no reason why AUDI cant do the same. It really comes down to AUDI making it work somehow. That's who I am pointing the finger at, not the dealership because some dealers are jerks
yes indeed in that some dealers are jerks like the craphead dealer where I bought my S4 from.I had to argue and make numerous calls to get a loaner from where I bought my car from after an arranged appointment to fix my car after THEY damaged it upon delivery.They just told me "oh well sorry but we gave the loaner to someone else because they came in earlier",I was like WTF!I eventually got it though with enough haggling but it wasn't easy.
Few I mean few carmakers match the customer service of Lexus like having a loaner ALWAYS available upon dropoff/appoinment and go the extra mile to fix minor problems like rattles,creaking and other issues the cars may have.Having owned 2 Lexus's in almost 5 years,I know what I'm talking about
Let's see if Audi does that!
Old 12-11-2010, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

The loaner program has NOTHING to do with purchasing the car from a dealer. That's dumb. Some dealers may "advertise" that just to get you to buy the car there, but as all should know, dealers make their real money in service, not the purchase of the car. And loaners have everything to do with service, so even if you didn't buy the car there, if the dealer wants to make the money then they will give out loaners for bringing your car there for service. If they don't, then they surely lose that business.

Hell I was shopping around and when I told one of the dealers I was emailing back and forth with that I chose another dealer b/c I found out my cousin got a family discount, they sent me another email saying "how can we earn your business?" And the rest of it was all about their service program and that they would love to provide me with all my service needs, yada yada.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by theonlyrings
The loaner program has NOTHING to do with purchasing the car from a dealer.
Obviously it does have something to do with purchasing a car from them because that's why they deny loaners to those that don't. Duh?
Old 12-11-2010, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

If you weren't so greedy trying to wring out every last dollar shopping the car then you would understand that doing business is a reciprocal arrangement. Look at your own greed first. Grow up and learn how good business relationships are formed

BTW, I just noticed in a different thread that you are the same guy that took an R8 out for a test drive and had no intention of buying. You seem to be a guy that likes to work the system for free stuff, waste people's time and resources and use companies for your own benefit.
Free stuff??? I really dont even know how to reply to this.

In short, the R8 I test drove was at Braman AUDI, the same dealer I just ordered my S4 from. In addition, I was on a test-drive waiting list for a few weeks which brings me to my next point. Very few dealers are going to allow someone to simply walk in and drive an R8. Typically, the dealer needs to be comfortable with such "clientele" if you catch my drift. In a nutshell, the dealer was quite comfortbale with me in driving the R8 for many reasons, none of which I need to go into - nuff said

Regarding your "Free stuff" theory, I dont think an S4 Section such as this has anyone that is looking for free stuff. As best as I can tell, most of the people on here seem to be educated, hard working individuals who simply want value in a car and do their best to get the best possible deal. Thats called intelligent shopping, not greed, and I give credence to those who are able to achieve such objectives. Those who dont put forth effort at getting value or good deals, well, its their wallet, not mine

Honestly, I dont know whether you are a disgruntled salesman who has an axe to grind with people looking to get great deals (My humble apologies to other salesman reading this thread) or you are just a bit on the adolescent side of the scale and simply want to pick a fight and argue. Either case, that's not why I joined these forums so I am certainly not going to endulge you by prolonging such a childish viewpoint about wanting "Free stuff". That is just soooo silly

Back to the OP, I hope you are able to somehow get a loaner. Please let us know if AUDI is able to perhaps assist in any way. Remember, It never hurts to ask.

Last edited by GR8-LIFE; 12-11-2010 at 05:32 PM.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

What planet are you from?
Old 12-11-2010, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Sorry Mark, but your notion of trying to force dealers via AOA to give you a loaner car is presumptuous. If a dealer has a policy of only giving loaners to customers that purchased their vehicle there then it's their business. See, it costs them money to indulge you. Maybe the same money you could have spent buying the car from them in the first place. You want to preserve your right to buy anywhere, well preserve their right to provide loaners at their discretion.

That leaves you with two options: buy your dealer from them or go elsewhere for a loaner. Again, I would suggest you go back to the dealer you bought the vehicle from.

You can whine all you want about what you think is right but the fact is dealers have had this loaner policy for many years and it's their business and money, not yours.

Quick Reply: Loaner if you bought from diff dealer?