S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Loaner if you bought from diff dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 02:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Muray
I am buying my S4 out of state and plan on getting it serviced at my local dealer. Someone just told me my local dealer might not give me a loaner if I bought the car elsewhere. Is this true?
Not true. The dealer I have my service done at gives me loaner on a regular basis including an extended loaner when the infamous water pump failure occurred. I have three VAG products. I can only assume they are hoping eventually I will buy a car from them in the future. My Audi service rep teats me like gold. I think they are rated on the followup questionnaires as he really pushes that. In the end I would buy the car where you get the best deal and service it where it is convenient to do so. Other than my Audi all service is done by a local mechanic who specializes in German cars. I bought the service plan this time for my S4 as that was a no brainer considering the Stronic service at 55,000 km. My GTI is at 163,000 km and running like a top has never been serviced at the dealer other than warranty work. No issues.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 553 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by Omeletpants
LOL. Now I get it. You don't like the service rates so they should give you free stuff. Maybe you should get that free stuff from the dealer that sold you the car.
I bought my car from the local dealer, so this doesn't even affect me. When you bought your Audi, did you expect it to be superior to something like a Corolla, since it cost more than twice as much? When you pay several times more to service your Audi than it costs to service a Toyota, don't you expect superior service? Apparently, you are willing to pay more, yet expect nothing in return. You're a salesman's dream.

Last edited by JD15; 12-12-2010 at 06:33 AM.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BLACK10-S4P
yes indeed in that some dealers are jerks like the craphead dealer where I bought my S4 from.I had to argue and make numerous calls to get a loaner from where I bought my car from after an arranged appointment to fix my car after THEY damaged it upon delivery.They just told me "oh well sorry but we gave the loaner to someone else because they came in earlier",I was like WTF!I eventually got it though with enough haggling but it wasn't easy.
Few I mean few carmakers match the customer service of Lexus like having a loaner ALWAYS available upon dropoff/appoinment and go the extra mile to fix minor problems like rattles,creaking and other issues the cars may have.Having owned 2 Lexus's in almost 5 years,I know what I'm talking about
Let's see if Audi does that!

unfortunately sometimes we must yell/scream and sometimes even kick and scratch to get what we want. It shouldt be that way but sometimes it is. Typically, with due diligence, you will get what you want. And at the end of the day, customers are happy while dealers and manufacturers are still reaping profits. Everyone wins
Old 12-12-2010, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by JD15
I bought my car from the local dealer, so this doesn't even affect me. When you bought your Audi, did you expect it to be superior to something like a Corolla, since it cost more than twice as much? When you pay several times more to service your Audi than it costs to service a Toyota, don't you expect superior service? Apparently, you are willing to pay more, yet expect nothing in return. You're a salesman's dream.
Your convoluted logic has zero impact on me or the dealer's business practices.

The service price on various brands should have nothing to do with your attitude of entitlement. Your assumption is that they are ripping you off and that they should give you something for free. That is nonsense.

You can whine all you want but here is the bottom line: many dealers have a policy of only providing loaners to customers that purchased from them. Since your original intent was to wring every last dollar out of the car purchased you have disqualified yourself from this benefit they offer. No amount of whining or twisting of logic will change that.

Last edited by Omeletpants; 12-12-2010 at 07:44 AM.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

FWIW, the Audi dealer closest to me (Gwinnett Audi) provides a loaner although I bought my S4 from a competing dealer in the same city. They provide late model Audis (B8 A4, A3 TDI, Q5) and will rent one for you from Enterprise if they run out of Audi loaners.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 553 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by Omeletpants
You can whine all you want but here is the bottom line: many dealers have a policy of only providing loaners to customers that purchased from them. Since your original intent was to wring every last dollar out of the car purchased you have disqualified yourself from this benefit they offer. No amount of whining or twisting of logic will change that.
Reading comprehension must not be your strong suit. I purchased my car from the local dealer, so I didn't "wring every last dollar out of the car purchased" and am not disqualified from this benefit. I am not arguing that dealers should be prohibited from limiting loaners only to those who purchased from that dealership, only that it reflects poorly on Audi.

Last edited by JD15; 12-12-2010 at 08:31 AM.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:30 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So as I originally posted, its up to the individual dealer. Some will and others won't.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

When I purchased my vehicle, I was asking about loaner cars. I was told Audi USA doesn't provide subsidies to dealers for offering loaner cars. So it is up to the dealer to decide whether or not they're going to provide this service and to whom they provide them to (just A8, R8 owners, etc).

Personally I think for a $50k+ car both included maintenance and loaners should be a given. Especially since VWs have included maintenance. But, that is just me.