S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

M3 vs S4/S5

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 04:39 AM
L0U
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

M3 is a severe Dude magnet...your still single right? Expect lots of stares and attention from single guys.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by L0U
M3 is a severe Dude magnet...your still single right? Expect lots of stares and attention from single guys.
LMAO, couldn't have said it better myself. I have one and te only people who stop to ask questions are guys. Car has since been parked and waiting for a new buyer.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL. The typical M3 driver ? haha. Right, M3 Dude magnet. S5 is a chick magnet.

Originally Posted by StasisS4
Do you like fake tans, vodka water's, and working out your arms? Go with the M3.

Otherwise stick with the S4.

Last edited by ayap; 06-26-2012 at 07:20 PM.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by ayap
It is true basing from experience. M3 will attract fellow male drivers who appreciate the drive of an M3. But never got any nod from the opposite sex. The S4 is on the other side of the spectrum. Chicks noticed it more. For me, I prefer the M3's attention because of three things. First, I am mariied so I am not interested on the attractivess to the other side, of course less temptations. Second, I prefer to have a chat with fellow drivers who likes to drive. The third reason and the most important is the drive and fell of an M3!
Old 06-27-2012, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by ayap
It is true basing from experience. M3 will attract fellow male drivers who appreciate the drive of an M3. But never got any nod from the opposite sex. The S4 is on the other side of the spectrum. Chicks noticed it more. For me, I prefer the M3's attention because of three things. First, I am mariied so I am not interested on the attractivess to the other side, of course less temptations. Second, I prefer to have a chat with fellow drivers who likes to drive. The third reason and the most important is the drive and fell of an M3!
Old 06-27-2012, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by L0U
For a minute there I thought you meant to say "douche magnet" as they seem to be that as well.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I am going to start by stating that I am not bashing a M3. It really is an amazing car. In my opinion, I think it should depend on ultimate use and preference.

I have owned and still own BMW's: 545i with SMG (own), 330i (sold), & 335i (sold). Also, I have driven and been in M3's many times since my buddy has a 2003 E46 M3 & a 2010 M3 coupe. We have taken them to the track and of course just cruising around. They are awesome, but I personally do not see them as daily drivers. The interior of the 2010 M3 is basically the same as my old 335i, which is nothing close to the S4 in regards to comfort and features. The M3 & 335i also have a very stiff ride. You will feel every crack in the road, and the run-flats do not help the situation at all. As the guys on Top Gear (UK) would say, stunning on the track but rubbish on the road.

If you want a great car for the weekend that has the sound, speed, and flash then the M3 is really hard to beat. As a daily driver, I would go with the S4 any day over the M3. Hell I rather use my 545i with SMG and the contour seats and heads up display as my daily driver. No wait, I do 2-3 times a week.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well I'm not a total Dbag so I'll stick with my Imola S4.
Not that the BMW's are nicely made cars but the drivers they attract aren't the kind of people I'd waste spit on to put them out if they were on fire! Sorry but dam living in the Bay Area where 70% of the cars on the road or BMW's & 95% of those drivers are severely mentally incapable of driving!
Old 06-27-2012, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Well, having just sold my '11 S4 and ordering a '13 M3....

Originally Posted by DCAudiGuy
I am going to start by stating that I am not bashing a M3. It really is an amazing car. In my opinion, I think it should depend on ultimate use and preference.

I have owned and still own BMW's: 545i with SMG (own), 330i (sold), & 335i (sold). Also, I have driven and been in M3's many times since my buddy has a 2003 E46 M3 & a 2010 M3 coupe. We have taken them to the track and of course just cruising around. They are awesome, but I personally do not see them as daily drivers. The interior of the 2010 M3 is basically the same as my old 335i, which is nothing close to the S4 in regards to comfort and features. The M3 & 335i also have a very stiff ride. You will feel every crack in the road, and the run-flats do not help the situation at all. As the guys on Top Gear (UK) would say, stunning on the track but rubbish on the road.

If you want a great car for the weekend that has the sound, speed, and flash then the M3 is really hard to beat. As a daily driver, I would go with the S4 any day over the M3. Hell I rather use my 545i with SMG and the contour seats and heads up display as my daily driver. No wait, I do 2-3 times a week.
I'd agree that the S4 is/was a good DD car. I have no interest in throwing stones at any Audi but it had little/no personality short of its looks. Add to that all the "refinement" Audi continues to work into the equation and its pretty much as soul-less as the wife's '10 Maxima, with similar manufacturing things today as well. Its not the tank the previous gen cars were B5, B6/7, etc. Maybe thats a good thing but I for one really miss all the sound deadening and robustness the older cars brought with them(and sure they were porkers, no argement there, the B8 in comparision is about as "thin" as you can make a car and still be considered steel though). Sure its fast and the Sport Diff is fun to play with for a while but there just isn't any passion in the car. I split DD time between the S4 and the truck in my sig pic... and I probably drove the truck 70% of the time while the S4 was here. Weekends? Truck too mostly since we do dirtbike stuff. I was never compelled to drive the B8.

Flash forward a year and I think I'm going to do the M3 for a while, stupid to buy a new one I know but I'm getting exactly what I want. There isn't much out there that is even remotely attractive to me except maybe the CTS-V, and only because you can get a 6sp manual in it. I'm married, have two middle schoolers here and need space for me plus two more so I can't get away with another two-seater yet. S4 fit the mold, M3 does too. I hope I can avoid any fanboys that may come around the M3, couldn't be any worse than all the toboggin kids in Asian imports following the S4 around =)

Last edited by Hal_TT::CBP; 06-27-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old 06-27-2012, 02:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Hal_TT::CBP
... Add to that all the "refinement" Audi continues to work into the equation and its pretty much as soul-less as the wife's '10 Maxima, with similar manufacturing things today as well. Its not the tank the previous gen cars were B5, B6/7, etc. Maybe thats a good thing but I for one really miss all the sound deadening and robustness the older cars brought with them(and sure they were porkers, no argement there, the B8 in comparision is about as "thin" as you can make a car and still be considered steel though).
Wow...I have to disagree on that one. Ever sat in *any* Subaru? I haven't come across anything or anyone that knocks the S4 for build quality. Soul, sure it may not be teeming with it, so I'll give you that, but it's certainly refined enough (100x more than any Maxima).

The M3 may be a good choice, but you sound like a tough one to satisfy. Maybe you should be thinking Porsche at some point.

What brakes did you have on the S4? Are those the RS4 calipers?

Quick Reply: M3 vs S4/S5