S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Menzerna vs Wolfgang

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 04:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Menzerna vs Wolfgang

This winter I've picked up some light scratches on the paint...most likely from road salt.

I did something today I probably will not do again.

I used Menzerna Super Finish thinking it might pull out some of the light scratches. I will know tomorrow when I get the car under the sun.

Am I getting old and weak or is this stuff pretty tough to use? I do not use a orbital buffer...I do everything by hand. This stuff does not go on very easy and it is even more difficult to remove.

The Wolfgang products I've been using the past couple years go on and come off extremely easy!!!

If anyone has any other suggestion for removing the light scratches I'm all ears. I think I'm going to visit a detail shop this week and see what they say.

Thanks a ton to anyone who has any idea!!
Old 02-20-2011, 04:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

I use the menzerna products exclusively... but I do have a porter cable. I have not tried to apply the super finish by hand, but it works amazingly to get out swirls and minor scratches. after the superfinish i use the powerlock with my orbital to seal the car, then I put on a coat of poorboys blue wax to give that little extra protection. usually have good results.

Old 02-20-2011, 04:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

AutoGeek seems to indicate that the Wolfgang polishes are made by Menzerna. Wolfgang TSR = Menzerna SIP and Wolfgang Finishing Glaze = Menzerna Nano Polish. I think they recommend a buffer with them though. I have the new one from Griot's Garage that I am itching to try on my truck and Mustang if the weather around here ever cooperates. I have the two Wolfgang polishes to use with it.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by redrocker55
This winter I've picked up some light scratches on the paint...most likely from road salt.

I did something today I probably will not do again.

I used Menzerna Super Finish thinking it might pull out some of the light scratches. I will know tomorrow when I get the car under the sun.

Am I getting old and weak or is this stuff pretty tough to use? I do not use a orbital buffer...I do everything by hand. This stuff does not go on very easy and it is even more difficult to remove.

The Wolfgang products I've been using the past couple years go on and come off extremely easy!!!

If anyone has any other suggestion for removing the light scratches I'm all ears. I think I'm going to visit a detail shop this week and see what they say.

Thanks a ton to anyone who has any idea!!
Can I recommend picking up a Porter Cable? It seriously makes everything much easier and is way more efficient.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

I find Klasse all-in-one polish to be pretty good at removing swirls and such. I also have an orbital and would highly recommend it too.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I use ONLY Menzerna products and have for years.
Attached Images  
Old 02-21-2011, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

If you plan to get serious about this hobby, I'd consider something more powerful than the porter cable.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

+1 for a Porter Cable. I don't see why an amateur would need anything more than that. I've had mine for 3 years, and it does a great job every time. I can't imagine trying to do paint correction without it.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Ynnekdude
Can I recommend picking up a Porter Cable? It seriously makes everything much easier and is way more efficient.
You must have never tried the TREX.

http://www.autogeek.net/flex-l3403vr...-polisher.html

Last edited by neunelf; 02-21-2011 at 10:40 AM.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by big windy
+1 for a Porter Cable. I don't see why an amateur would need anything more than that. I've had mine for 3 years, and it does a great job every time. I can't imagine trying to do paint correction without it.
I have to agree neunelf - Flex makes a great product. I used to own a PC and found it was only good for apply waxes and was very limited for any type of worthwhile paint correction. Just not enough power. Google it and you'll see many comparisons. Makita 9227 is also very popular but it's a rotary -- get the Flex XC3401VR if you are worried about using a rotary.

Quick Reply: Menzerna vs Wolfgang