S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

meteor + black/red combo?...

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default meteor + black/red combo?...

Does anyone have or has anyone seen the combo of meteor grey and black/red interior? How does the red go with the bluish/greenish tinge in the grey? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There was one at my local dealer. Fully loaded w/ MT. I thought it was fairly unattractive, to be honest.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I happen to like it. When Audi launched the S5, different car I know, the dealer demo's all had the full Magma red interior with the Meteor Gray and they were gorgeous. Personally I think it would look good especially since the two tone would cut down on the amount of red in the cabin.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

You have to like red seats. I have red seats on a silver car right now and it's striking and I get a lot of compliments on it. Black, silver, grey and white tend to look good with red seats.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by AofC_RR
I happen to like it. When Audi launched the S5, different car I know, the dealer demo's all had the full Magma red interior with the Meteor Gray and they were gorgeous. Personally I think it would look good especially since the two tone would cut down on the amount of red in the cabin.
I agree too. I saw an S5 on the street with meteor and red interior and all I could do was stare. Very stunning.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

well, to provide the counter point here. I had a silver S5 with red interior for a couple days (dealer letting me try it out). My wife said it looked like a pimp-mobile and just about everyone I showed it too said, "um, yuck".

I think you really have to be into red to want all your leather to be red. the mixed color seats aren't as bad, but I'm still not a fan.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

mellow_sparky in the pimp-mobile. You gotta be pimpin' these hoes!

Meteor w/ red? That's kind of rough. Though I'm not a fan of the red so take it for what it's worth.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

A lot of folks seem to think that the S4 red interior is Magma red, but it isn't. The magma red is much brighter, the S4 red is more subdued. I wouldn't consider the magma - too bright and too much of it. but i thought the red/black interior with a silver S4 that i saw looked quite sharp.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by voltrons_head
mellow_sparky in the pimp-mobile. You gotta be pimpin' these hoes!

Meteor w/ red? That's kind of rough. Though I'm not a fan of the red so take it for what it's worth.
hahaha --- well it's also true that I'm probably older than most of you guys so I'm landing with the much more conservative Meteor + Black. (that is, if my car ever arrives)!
Old 01-09-2010, 02:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by canucklehead
You have to like red seats. I have red seats on a silver car right now and it's striking and I get a lot of compliments on it. Black, silver, grey and white tend to look good with red seats.
I agree. I think that the black and/or white exterior with magma/black interior looks great.

My seats are magma/black with the red exterior. It might seem like a lot of red, but it's amazing looking. I've noticed people looking at it as I roll through parking lots, etc. I've also had a number of compliments on the combination. Most importantly, *I* like it.

Quick Reply: meteor + black/red combo?...