S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

MISC Pics and my Bluetooth streaming solution

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Default MISC Pics and my Bluetooth streaming solution

misc, pic of V1 radar remote install, droid mount and BT stereo solution.
yeah it could be cleaner on the BT. to lazy to find a power in the glove compartment for powering the blackberry stereo gateway. hey it works. i will add iphone works much better than the droid. seems that android has some software issue when both phone and bt stereo is used. i wound up not pairing the phone hands free and use the speaker phone on the actual phone.

Dont know if this is a moto droid issue, searched around forums found other with similar issues with android. my wifes iphone 4(VZ) works just fine.

Again buyer beware miles may vary etc... it works for me.
Attached Images      
Old 07-10-2011, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

parden my ignorance, but what does "bluetooth streaming" do for you?

Bruce
Old 07-10-2011, 02:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by rktskicar
parden my ignorance, but what does "bluetooth streaming" do for you?

Bruce
the ability to stream wireless stereo from your phone, in our case to our cars MMI analog audio input cable. the technical term is A2DP. in other words, it allows you stream Pandora music to your MMI audi radio.

that said, its rather frustrating that such an expensive car does not have this feature built in.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gsxtos4guy
the ability to stream wireless stereo from your phone, in our case to our cars MMI analog audio input cable. the technical term is A2DP. in other words, it allows you stream Pandora music to your MMI audi radio.

that said, its rather frustrating that such an expensive car does not have this feature built in.
Did the analog audio input cable come with your car?

I only received the iPod connector cable, and want to make sure I should not have gotten the others as well.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by FatalBert
Did the analog audio input cable come with your car?

I only received the iPod connector cable, and want to make sure I should not have gotten the others as well.
Yeah I got the iPod, but I also asked for the analog, since the iPod cable was useless to me. They just threw it in.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't mean to be a downer, but given all the wires lying around, it doesn't look exactly "wireless" to me. Am I missing something ?
Old 07-11-2011, 08:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by James P.
Don't mean to be a downer, but given all the wires lying around, it doesn't look exactly "wireless" to me. Am I missing something ?
True.

Might as well connect the phone to the AUX jack and that's it.

Last edited by IanVR6; 07-11-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by IanVR6
True.

Might as well connect the phone to the AUX jack and that's it.
But then he has to plug a wire into his phone every time he gets in the car. This way he just gets in the car and puts the phone on the stand and goes.

You can always tuck wires away properly if you just spend some time on it.

The ugly coiled wire is for the remote of the radar detector, which to me is what makes the wiring look messy and really makes no sense. You should do away with the Valentine remote and just use the radar detectors display. Never made much sense to me to use the remote if the radar detector itself is in plain view.

Last edited by FatalBert; 07-12-2011 at 05:24 AM.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by FatalBert
The ugly coiled wire is for the remote of the radar detector, which to me is what makes the wiring look messy and really makes no sense. You should do away with the Valentine remote and just use the radar detectors display. Never made much sense to me to use the remote if the radar detector itself is in plain view.
Better yet, get rid of the remote and use this: http://veilguy.blogspot.com/2010/11/...detectors.html(android coming soon) which puts the remote display right on your phone and gives you an updated speed trap, redlight, speed camera database...all the benefits of a 9500ix but with the sensitivity of a v1

By the way, what mount did you use for the phone?
Old 07-12-2011, 06:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Have you tried the Super BTMono app to stream "wirelessly" via BT? I have the paid version, which works...audio quality is a bit compressed though. Shame my Android phones don't have FM transmitter like my Nokia.

Quick Reply: MISC Pics and my Bluetooth streaming solution