S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Monsoon Gray S4 P+ home in PDX

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monsoon Gray S4 P+ home in PDX

Hey all,

The S4 finally made it home after 65 days. I picked it up last Saturday in Bellevue Washington and drove 175 miles home under beautiful summer skys and temps in the 80's. Have been meaning to post pics and a small review but my week got crazy busy and of course I was out driving every chance I could get I put 750 miles on it in one week and that was while working!

Not a lot to say that hasn't been said before. I will say. I LOVE this car. It hits the mark on so many different levels, which is what I was looking for. I wasn't looking for the fastest or the most luxurious etc. What I was looking for was a beautiful looking AWD sports sedan with luxury touches, a refined ride, fun to drive, quick enough, safe, and more. What I feel I got was just that and more!.

This car is an absolute blast to drive. I love the cockpit like feel, the B&O driver focus DSP, the Bluetooth, the cornering and feeling the sports diff kick in when I step on it through a 90 degree turn!, the sound of the 3.0 when I get on it, the stance, and a lot more...

My one and only complaint so far and it is minor are the seat bottoms/side bolsters. About 3/5 of the way back towards where the back rest meets the seat bottom, I find the side bolsters a little tight and almost pinching. I didn't notice this until the second day when i spent a few more hours in the car. As I said, it is already noticeably better and I am hopeful in less than 3 months time that I won't even remember. The rest of the seat is fine and very comfortable/supportive.

I did do a search, this has been covered in another thread, and it looks like bolsters soften up a bit. There are many guys bigger than me who have found this to not be an issue at all and a few that have had some minor problems. My point is that the side bolsters are a little stiff, especially where the seat cushion narrows towards the back. While I am a big guy at 6'2, 215, I am not what would be considered fat. I work out, I ski(a LOT), I hike 50 miles a week with a pack on 6 months a year and I have huge thigh muscles.

Thanks to the board for all the help it has provided. I have learned a lot and hope I can be of some help somewhere down the road.

Thanks also to Neal(NWS4guy) for hooking me up with a great SA and what turned out to be the easiest car buying experience I have ever had. Also thanks to Neal for coming down and meeting me at the dealer last weekend to do some Vagcom mods

Here are a few pics. BTW, Monsoon has turned out to be a an amazing color. I was a little nervous ordering site unseen but it really is quite stunning in person and like so many other Audi colors, it takes on different personality depending on ambient light. In the sun there is a huge amount of metallic flake in it too...
Attached Images     

Last edited by Jonnyz1245; 08-21-2011 at 08:24 AM.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default A few more pics of Monsoon...

pics hastily taken yesterday with a Nikon D90 at dusk. Autofocus!
Attached Images     
Old 08-21-2011, 08:42 AM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 517 Likes on 452 Posts

Very nice. Congrats. I see the steering wheel comes with white contrast stitching. I had thought alcantara had black stitching. I'm actually glad I'm wrong...I like the contrast.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats on a beautiful car. Look forward to meeting you at a GTG (maybe Quattrofest at PIR?)
Old 08-21-2011, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks. Looks like you have the exact same car on it's way!

You're going to love it!
Old 08-21-2011, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Congrats on the new ride! You picked a great color.

;-)
Old 08-21-2011, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gk1
Very nice. Congrats. I see the steering wheel comes with white contrast stitching. I had thought alcantara had black stitching. I'm actually glad I'm wrong...I like the contrast.
Congratulation! Like the color a lot. Is that Alcantara or is that Suede? It looks like Suede but you shown it as Alcantara. Now I'm not sure.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

What is up with WA and S4's? I took a road trip in my S4 from SF to Seattle last month and saw 4 in the 3 days I stayed on 5th and Pike. I barely see 1 in 2 months in SF.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:00 PM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 517 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by ni4ni
Congratulation! Like the color a lot. Is that Alcantara or is that Suede? It looks like Suede but you shown it as Alcantara. Now I'm not sure.
Alcantara® has the look of suede...but the durability of a synthetic fabric.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gk1
Alcantara® has the look of suede...but the durability of a synthetic fabric.
Wow, Thanks. I did not know that. I always thought Alcantara would looks like typical leather but harder suface. Thanks again for the info.

Quick Reply: Monsoon Gray S4 P+ home in PDX