S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Monsoon Gray S4 P+ home in PDX

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by keiran
I bought mine at Audi Willsonville as well and had a perfectly fine experience and got the deal I wanted.

Sooner the better, I'm itching to meet some folks and get some VAG-COM stuff done.
Just shows us the importance of getting a good SA. I wish my experience was more positive at Wilsonville, but alas, it was not. Glad to hear yours was good. Such is life!

and yes, lets get together soon. Looks like we will have 5 or 6 new S4's around PDX. Awesome!

Last edited by Jonnyz1245; 08-30-2011 at 07:52 AM.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dreaddontdie
Our cars are on camellia ace, which just made it to port in Brunswick, GA...next stop Houston!
Nice!

My car took 8 days from Houston to Bellevue, not including the 3 days it sat at port.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Damn pretty car. Awesome color. The only thing holding me back from buying -today- is that I can't decide whether to get ADS or just Sports Differential. My 70 mile daily commute has me on the fence regarding highway comfort. Ugh...
Old 08-30-2011, 11:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by highaltitude
Damn pretty car. Awesome color. The only thing holding me back from buying -today- is that I can't decide whether to get ADS or just Sports Differential. My 70 mile daily commute has me on the fence regarding highway comfort. Ugh...
On the highway, my sports diff only car is smooth as silk. The only time I notice the stiffer sport suspension is on bumpy city streets. And even then it's not bad at all IMO. I honestly can't tell the difference, other than road noise which is obviously due to the high performance summer treads, between the S4 and my allroad. I think the S4 has a pretty refined ride overall for a sports sedan!
Old 08-30-2011, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Jonnyz1245
On the highway, my sports diff only car is smooth as silk. The only time I notice the stiffer sport suspension is on bumpy city streets. And even then it's not bad at all IMO. I honestly can't tell the difference, other than road noise which is obviously due to the high performance summer treads, between the S4 and my allroad. I think the S4 has a pretty refined ride overall for a sports sedan!
Thanks for the feedback. I've read so many threads about ADS my eyes are blurred! Those that have it love it and recommend it while those that don't say it's not necessary. My friend who has it says he can barely tell the difference between the various modes other than throttle and steering. He leaves it in Auto 90% of the time. I think you're right. If the ride is comparable to my Avant with sports package and 19s then it should be fine. The roads in southern CA are pretty smooth. I was intrigued by the idea of having an A6 type ride on the highway with sports car handling at the press of a button but apparently the difference is less dramatic.

Back your car...awesome. I'm now in search of Monsoon Gray Prestige with Sports Diff.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have ADS and love it; and I would buy it again.

However, if the cost is worrisome for you, then I wouldn't get it. My car is almost always set to the individual setting; when it's not, it's set to dynamic. Comfort sucks and I never use it, unless I happen to find myself on an extremly bumpy road. With the individual settings of ADS, I never use Auto.

Sport Diff is a must - ADS is only a must if the cost doesn't matter to you at all and you like tweaking settings to your own preference.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by xxShadowxx
I have ADS and love it; and I would buy it again.

However, if the cost is worrisome for you, then I wouldn't get it. My car is almost always set to the individual setting; when it's not, it's set to dynamic. Comfort sucks and I never use it, unless I happen to find myself on an extremly bumpy road. With the individual settings of ADS, I never use Auto.

Sport Diff is a must - ADS is only a must if the cost doesn't matter to you at all and you like tweaking settings to your own preference.
Thanks for the input. Two things worry me about ADS: 1) I'm not a big fan of variable ratio steering and (2) the cost of repairing the sophisticated dampers once out of warranty. I plan to keep the car for 4-5 years or 100k miles. I'm looking for a low mileage CPO but there just aren't any around. I guess I could always buy the 100k warranty.

Ok I'm done, sorry to hijack the thread.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Any of you gents thinking of heading to Pacific Waterland on 9/11? http://www.pacificwaterland.com/

I'm going to head down there with a buddy of mine who's a VW nut, it'd be great to meet up with some of you.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default PDX Detailers

Does anyone have a good recommendation for detailers in this area? I've not had much luck myself and hence have done everything on my own.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by twei
Does anyone have a good recommendation for detailers in this area? I've not had much luck myself and hence have done everything on my own.
Tommy's Window Tinting - http://www.tommyswindowtinting.com/

I've had Tommy's do all the tint on my car, clear bras, and even a detail or two and they always do a great job.