S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Moonlight Blue's

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 09:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful color. I'm considering ordering an S4 and love Moonlight. Its a tough choice for me between Monsoon and Moonlight...oh decisions decisions.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by majesticgiraffe
This was my first S4 and first factory ordered car so I was really excited when I saw her. I test drove it and she felt great. I had the radio on and a/c on. Then drove home 200 miles. Still had radio on and a/c on. Over the next few days I loved how quiet the car seemed so I drove without the radio on and a/c on low. I heard a wind noise from the left side mirror. It was evident at 25 mph on thru 65 mph. I did some research on the internet and discovered that this had been an issue in 2011. Also on my next 200 mile drive I noticed the center console and dash would really vibrate and whir. The wind noise continued.

I have an appointment to have the dealer look at next week. The car has 500 miles on it. It drives and feels beautiful but this wind noise and vibration really disappoint me. Especially when it had tech and service bulletins in previous years.

So please do yourself a favor and check it thoroughly. I trust Audi will come thru like they did on the water pump failure of my gf's 2010 Q5 3.2 L. However this fit and finish wasn't so good with this vibration. I noticed if I run my finger along the lens on the left sire mirror the lense sticks up over the side . On the right side it sits under the lense lip.

I hate the thought of the mechanics having to perhaps pull my door and mirror apart etc. This shouldn't be on a $61k car!

Not to burst your bubble or rain on your parade ; just be forewarned.
Ive been in an A4 for the past 3 years and almost every A4 i was in, they all almost vibrate when just sitting at a traffic light something i never liked, and Ive also heard some of the wind noises and whining from time to time on my A4 now, but i will keep my eyes and ears open when i get into my new S4! Keep me posted if you take it back to the dealer and if something was wrong.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:31 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Photos of Moonlight Blue look awesome. Ordered my A4 9/1/11. Hopefully will arrive by December! Ordered Moonlight blue with the Beige interior.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

The tire pressures were not set correctly on PDI. One high....three low. Once corrected it rode amazingly better. The wind noise I was told was normal and within limits. I will continue to monitor and see if anything necessary at 5000 mile check.

I discovered that the port installed option of wheel locks were never installed. Dealer said port supposed to do it. Maintenance guy at dealer said sales team supposed to advise them prior to delivery.

Perhaps the car needed a "break in " period of 500 miles? I left it at airport in the sun for a few a week while I traveled. When I drove it home the 200 miles it was much quieter and less vibrational.

In my 2007 A4 S line I never noticed any of these things perhaps because it was not as quiet. In any case I am really enjoying the S4. Love the growl of the engine.

The adaptive cruise control is interesting. Side assist is helpful.