S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

MORR Wheels ... 2 months, 21 days ... and counting ...

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 10:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MORR Wheels ... 2 months, 21 days ... and counting ...

Has anyone EVER had to wait 3 months for wheels!!?

Every email I sent I get the same answer "We had issues with X, They will arrive this Friday" ... then another week passes by. What really pisses me off is that I HAVE TO REQUEST updates ... They wont even call or send an email ...

By far the worst company I ever had to deal with. I am about to post complaint to every freaking organization I can think of.

Here is the email history:

Order placed on Jun 18th. Order Confirmation # 166.

Email 1: August 9th
Me: “Any update? 2 more weeks have passed ... “
MORR: …”We actually requested an update to Andy at MORR this morning, we’ll let you know!” from Matt @ info@campionishop.com
MORR: (August 13th) … “Give me till tomorrow to speak to production so I can get you a solid update.” From Chris @ chris@morrwheels.com

Email 2: August 14th
Me: “Chris?”

Email 3: August 15th
Me: “MORR representatives ... What is the status of my order!? 2 months have passed! It was supposed to be 2-3 weeks! If I have to send one more email in few days I will pursue legal action and
contact BBB. This is becoming an absolute disaster of a purchase!”
MORR: …”Your wheels will be machined on the 16th, sent to finish on the 20th and be ready to ship to our Miami facility by the 21st” .” From Chris @ chris@morrwheels.com
Me: “Chris, Please put yourself on my place. 2 months and I get today an answer that gives me a date. 2 months! I was told MORR had the 18" and will get it in production the same week (2 months
ago)?
Yes you are trying to help me but kinda too late. Don't get me wrong I appreciate your help ... but after so much time with me initiating the status updates etc I am already way too disappointed with the whole purchase ... “

Email 4: August 22nd
Me: “Good Morning Chris,As per your last email ... are the wheels ready to ship/schedule pickup?”
MORR: “Your wheels are machined and at finishing currently. I am hoping to have them back by Monday the latest to ship via ground freight to out Miami facility. Our powder guy was backed up hence the delay. I’ll see if I can get you some pictures to ease the pain a
bit.” From Chris @ chris@morrwheels.com

Email 5: August 30th
Me: “Chris, Another weeks is almost over ... ware the wheels shipped?”
MORR: “They leave between tomorrow and Monday, shouldn’t take any more than a few days to arrive. I’m hoping you can pick them up from our location by the end of next week.” From Chris @ chris@morrwheels.com

Email 6: September 7th
Me: “Another week have passed. Total time since I placed the order is: 2 months and 20 days. Interesting fact: I got my WHOLE B8 S4 Build and delivered from the other side of the world for 2 moths and 15 days ... anyway ... again I am the one asking for an update ...
Where are the wheels and when I can pick them up?”
MORR: - No reply … I called them today … they said the wheels tentatively will arrive by Friday!!!
Old 09-10-2012, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Are they worth the aggravation? I would cancel if they don't show on Friday. If you purchased with credit card ant decent card will refund since you don't have the product.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'd cancel and run away fast. Imagine what happens if you damage a wheel, need a replacement and have to wait 3 months for a wheel while you walk to work. Doesn't sound like a real business.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by spacey
I'd cancel and run away fast. Imagine what happens if you damage a wheel, need a replacement and have to wait 3 months for a wheel while you walk to work. Doesn't sound like a real business.
+1 get your money back. There are many other great aftermarket wheels out there.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Just went to their website (under construction)not a very good sign. Their wheels look like just about every pair out there. In fact they look very similar to the MODA ones that I am purchasing for under $140 USD.

Cancel your order, go to tirerack.com and have your new wheels by this Friday.

Problem solved.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:20 AM
Banned

seems pretty standard practice to get ****ty turnaround times from these little wheel companies.

i.e. do a search for rotiform and you'll see boatloads of complaints about delays, wheels arriving in the wrong offset, wheels arriving bent, wheels arriving in the wrong colour, last second notification that the colour they ordered isn't available (after waiting 2 months)...and that's just the one RS4 group buy on quattrofail

then do a search for forgestar and prepare to feel pretty good about waiting only 2 months and 21 days
Old 09-11-2012, 08:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Evlengr
Just went to their website (under construction)not a very good sign. Their wheels look like just about every pair out there. In fact they look very similar to the MODA ones that I am purchasing for under $140 USD.

Cancel your order, go to tirerack.com and have your new wheels by this Friday.

Problem solved.
I hear what you are saying ... however the MORR wheels had a great balance between lightweight, price and style. Have in mind that the 18x8.5 weights less than 19lbs. Hard to beat that for under 4K with Brushed & Clear Finish.

I made left a message to another person in the company. Lets see if he comes back. I will give then till end of this week (I waited so long already, 1 more week wont kill me).
Old 09-11-2012, 08:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Akrion
18x8.5 weights less than 19lbs. Hard to beat that for under 4K with Brushed & Clear Finish.
19x8.5 is what I meant. Could not see how to edit msg. Sorry.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Cancel asap, go to tire rack and order BBS-, done and done
Old 09-11-2012, 07:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Akrion
I hear what you are saying ... however the MORR wheels had a great balance between lightweight, price and style. Have in mind that the 18x8.5 weights less than 19lbs. Hard to beat that for under 4K with Brushed & Clear Finish.

I made left a message to another person in the company. Lets see if he comes back. I will give then till end of this week (I waited so long already, 1 more week wont kill me).
I know that may be cheaper in the grand scheme of things, but a good set of O.Z. racing tuned will be less money, less hassle,less weight , and you know if you damage one that getting a replacement is just days away.

Quick Reply: MORR Wheels ... 2 months, 21 days ... and counting ...