S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

MUCH FEEDBACK PLEASE- WATERPUMPS

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MUCH FEEDBACK PLEASE- WATERPUMPS

with all of the noise regarding the waterpumps, i thought of putting together a poll shortly on how many of us are affected by the waterpump issue. Hopefully we can make the poll a STICKY (how to do?) so it can sit right at the top for AoA/Audi to see.

The purpose of THIS message is to get feedback on which categories i may have missed, that i should put in the poll shortly. The ultimate goal of the poll is to bring awareness, as one group, to Audi (I KNOW they read these forums religiously, and have confirmed this), of the issues we have, in the S4 segment. I have to believe we all want our cars to work properly--that's why we bought it--and not ultimately turn into some kind of witch hunt.

Let's keep the griping (despite being understandable) to a minimum in the reponses- just looking for category feedback.

Here they are (so far):

2010 Audi S4 waterpump failure categories

Breakdown (VIN on "campaign" list): car repaired within 2 days
Breakdown (VIN on "campaign" list): car repaired >2 day wait
No Breakdown (VIN on "campaign" list): repaired w/o question
No Breakdown (VIN on "campaign" list): repaired , but had to involve AoA, or other discussion to get audi to act.
No Breakdown (VIN on "campaign" list): no repair yet- AoA says "not on list" or no part available

Breakdown (VIN NOT on "campaign" list): car repaired within 2 days
Breakdown (VIN NOT on "campaign" list): car repaired >2 day wait

Thoughts?
Old 11-14-2010, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also might be interesting to have an option for "Breakdown (new and improved pump failed)" to see if anyone has problems with the fixed pump.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

good idea- will add
Old 11-14-2010, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

FYI - there's already a sticky and similar poll over on AZ:

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...herapy-session
Old 11-14-2010, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 276 Likes on 202 Posts

It would be good to note if the water pump is plastic or metal. You are only polling, 2010 S4s correct?
Old 11-14-2010, 01:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

FYI,

I made an appointment 2 weeks in advance for 15K service and to replace my already replaced broken water pump under the RVU 19H1. The service advisor checked my VIN and found the RVU and set up my appointment. But when I actually went in for service, the RVU was no longer there. I asked why and he couldn't give a reason and he stated they can't replace without a RVU listed on my VIN. I called Audi USA and they stated the RVU was removed because the parts are not available and will reissue the RVU and call me back when the part is available which sounds very questionable.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

sounds right in line with what we're hearing. I've heard, from a pretty reliable source, that they are indeed behind on the part. and, unless you want your car hung up in the shop until a part becomes available, they send you on your "merry" way, and will deal with it "when" it goes pop.....

Right now, I suspect Audi is in pure damage control--only handing out the replacement part to those who IMMEDIATELY need it.

kinda like "triage"....
Old 11-14-2010, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

It's probably not a bad idea to get a part number to verify it is the correct replacement pump. I can't believe in the case of S FOH that he is going on his second replacement pump. Hopefully just faulty install job.

S FOH did they give you any idea why the second and supposedly correct pump failed?
Old 11-14-2010, 03:27 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I also have concern as to whether the pump was replaced with a metal or plastic pump. Paperwork indicates the WP Part# was 06E-121-008-N
Old 11-15-2010, 04:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

My replacement water pump was 06E-121-005-F back in March when the original broke. I'm pretty sure this is the plastic pump. My car is a 09/09 build date with a VIN that falls under the RVU.

The thing that gets me is when I made my appointment for the 15K service, the advisor found the RVU for the replacement to remove and replace the plastic pump with the new metal pump but when I arrive the RVU is gone.