S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

My 2013 S4 questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 11:43 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 2013 S4 questions

Hey guys I'm new to the forums just wanted to drop in.
I purchased this baby last Sunday 2013 premium plus S4 6spd manual
10,995 miles, Stasis exhaust, B&O sound system, navagation, the whole sha-bang, the only thing it doesnt have that i wish it did is 19' wheels

Base price of vehicle 47,350

Dealer wants to install Lo-jack 795$ on friday, its worked into my deal but i think i can get out of it, yes or no? (i mean thats what car isurance is for right?)

Dealer also gave me a 5 year-60,000mile warranty - anything breaks, no matter what it is, for whatever reason they fix it for a 100$ deductible, it cost me another 2,850$
-I mean it still has some Audi warranty on it right? how much? or how can i check, just call Audi? and is this warranty they offer this good?

And then i also added GAP , which covers anything that my insurance doesn't incase the vehicle is totaled, for 799$

anyways after all that not to mention sales tax in WA(9%)--3117$
im sitting right about at 55Grand owed

basically im asking for any experienced audi personal opinions on my situation, the good, the bad, the ugly? how did i come out of this whole deal

and also is it just me or is this particular car extremely hard to find in 6spd manual??
and also how will this car hold its value if its kept in pristine condition with a cover and not driven a whole lot?

thank you for any replies in advance regarding my first post

Old 07-09-2014, 04:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

lojack: if my car is stolen I don't want it found and returned, thanks, but no thanks

Does the warranty start from date of your purchase with an additional 60k miles? if so that's not bad, and you'll need it with the aftermarket exhaust. Did they explain to you that your Audi power-train warranty could already be void with it? If it starts from original purchase date and a total of 60k miles then it's not a good deal.

55K all-in is what I paid for my special order prestige so...
Old 07-09-2014, 04:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

I thought every CPO (certified pre owned) car comes with extended warranty so did the dealer charge you for additional warranty??

I think lo-jack is great and the cost seems normal to me.

The one thing I don't understand, why did you not contact the forum here with your questions before the purchase?? If it was me I would asked all the questions before making the purchase not after...
Old 07-09-2014, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

OP- Did you buy this from an Audi dealer or some other? If it was from an Audi dealer, it should be a CPO car. If not, and it is an Audi dealer, there is some reason why it isn't. You should get the remaining factory warranty 4yr/50k from the in service date, and an additional 2yr/50k on top of that. So theoretically, you could be covered until 2018/19 depending on when the car went into service without buying an aftermarket warranty.

Last edited by togatown; 07-09-2014 at 05:37 AM.
Old 07-09-2014, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

The car was purchased from a VW dealer, they told me that the exhaust was installed by Audi and did not void any warranty. I am young and new to buying cars but I'm pretty sure the car is CPO..and yes the warranty they sold me did start on the day of sale for the 5 years and 60k additional miles, but I think I need to make a call to Audi now and find out exactly what I have remaining on their warranty/cpo extended warranty. And the reason why I did not contact the forum beforehand is because I lost focus at the dealership and just went with my gut which is a very bad thing I know and I could have probably saved myself lots of money. Impulse buying is never a good option
Old 07-09-2014, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Bandrew92
The car was purchased from a VW dealer, they told me that the exhaust was installed by Audi and did not void any warranty. I am young and new to buying cars but I'm pretty sure the car is CPO..and yes the warranty they sold me did start on the day of sale for the 5 years and 60k additional miles, but I think I need to make a call to Audi now and find out exactly what I have remaining on their warranty/cpo extended warranty. And the reason why I did not contact the forum beforehand is because I lost focus at the dealership and just went with my gut which is a very bad thing I know and I could have probably saved myself lots of money. Impulse buying is never a good option
From what you are saying, it sounds like it is not CPO'd since it is a VW dealer and the fact they sold you a warranty extra. Stasis tunes can prevent the car from being a CPO, but not sure if that includes the exhaust. You should check the VIN with Audi and see if it has been "flagged" as a TD1, which would indicate why it cannot be warrantied through the normal Audi process.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

The warranty sounds like a terrible deal, if it starts upon picking up the car. You have almost 40,000 remaining on the factory warranty, so you're paying 3k for 20,000 miles?
Old 07-09-2014, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Ah yikes you are right there I'll call Audi to find out if my car is still covered under their warranty , I'f so I'll have to stop this one , I appreciate the advice guys
Old 07-09-2014, 02:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'd skip LoJack.

As a point of comparison, I paid about $3,200 for an extended warranty that adds 5 years / 100K miles from the date I bought it / miles on the car at the time (just under 25K miles). That warranty will run until 125K miles, so 75K miles more than the base warranty from Audi. ($250 deductible). You can use that as a point of comparison for your warranty, but I think your warranty is very expensive to add 10K miles on top of 50K base warranty.

I doubt the car was eligible for CPO with an aftermarket exhaust, but maybe they still CPO with that allowed. Irrelevant anyway if purchased from a non-Audi dealer. Only Audi dealers can CPO Audi's, so unless the VW dealer is affiliated with an Audi dealer (possible), not sure how it could be CPO. Certainly, there would be no need to sell you a warranty if it was CPO.

You should only need GAP if you didn't put much money down.

Overall, IMO $47K for a used P+ without DSG (which costs more), 19" or CPO seems kinda high, particularly with MY2015 becoming available now. Aftermarket mods (Stasis exhaust) typically decrease value, not increase it. I probably would have looked hard at brand new 2014's leftover but it is what it is, so just enjoy the car.

Edit: Be aware also that aftermarket warranties generally will not cover aftermarket parts, such as the Stasis Exhaust, or damage attributed to aftermarket parts. Also, other than CPO, Audi does not sell extended warranties, so check to see who is the underwriter of your warranty. You can typically cancel these policies if you choose to do so, but don't wait too long because there are penalties for cancelling, which increase the longer you wait. Depending on state laws, some may be cancelled within 30 days with no penalty.

Last edited by RickFLS4; 07-09-2014 at 02:28 PM.
Old 07-09-2014, 03:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Would be interesting to know the history of the car and how it came to be at a VW dealer. I'm sure they didn't buy it at auction, and wonder what it might have been traded in on? Maybe there is a sister Audi dealer that took the car in and since they couldn't CPO it, moved it over to another one of their dealers, were it could be sold with an aftermarket warranty.

Then again, it really could be the "Lone Dealer" theory?

Quick Reply: My 2013 S4 questions