S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

My brand new MY13 S4 hit while parked today

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 05:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wagonworks just called to say the ETA on the car is 11/16. As you have all told me getting diminished value looks like it is going to be a long process. No one has said no as of this point, but the process is long... Will be happy to get my S4 back however.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by motivated1
Wagonworks just called to say the ETA on the car is 11/16. As you have all told me getting diminished value looks like it is going to be a long process. No one has said no as of this point, but the process is long... Will be happy to get my S4 back however.
Keep fighting, and don't let it go until you are compensated appropriately.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Picked the car up today, looks exactly like it did before the accident. No shakes, no rattles.... anything I should look for now that I have it back?

Still working on diminished value, will see how that goes.

Will post some photos later.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

glad to hear that visually it looks like new. saw your poor car sitting in the lot after you dropped it off and just felt terrible to see it there with the rear end removed! good luck with the diminished value process...
Old 11-24-2012, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have won a diminished value case against the at fault party. It is hard to prove though if you still own the car. I was in a major accident in my S4. Sold my car back to an Audi dealer the day after I got the car back from the body shop. The body shop did a crap job repairing it. I gave the dealer all the paper work from the body shop. the car was less than 6 months old and less than 3,000 miles. The dealer gave me $6000 less than the trade in value if it had never been in an accident. I was fortunate to have a good relationship with the sales manager at the dealership I bought the car from and he provided me with Manheim auction results for S4's from the previous 6 months. I went to court and was able to show that my car was worth $6000 less than a car that had not been in an accident. I won $6000, but if you still own the car I think your only recourse would be to have your car appraised by an Audi dealer and have them give you a notarized statement as to the difference in value between your car and an equivalent car with no damage. As an aside, my accident never showed up on Carfax. I reported it to Carfax after I found out because i didn't want some unsuspecting buyer purchasing it without being informed of the previous accident. This is why I never trust Carfax when looking at a vehicle. Good luck
Old 11-26-2012, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I Feel Your Pain

My 2012 S4 is less than 9 months old and I am EXTREMELY careful of where I park, etc.

At work I literally park 25 yards from the next closest car...in fact I get teased about it.

Anyway...a few weeks back my administrative assistant gets me off a conference call as a fellow employee backed into my black beauty.

At first I said "impossible" as no one was even close...but when I talked to the guy he confessed to talking on his cell as he was backing out...not paying attantion....and he had the back gate down on his pick up....BANG!!

My car is in the body shop all week...took a few weeks as its deer season in NC and the body shop was heavily booked with cars that had hit deer! The shop does excellent work so they are worth the wait!

Anyway...just goes to show....no matter how careful you are...no matter the lengths you go....odds are....you will get hit at some point!!

Damage was not too bad...back corner panel (drivers side).

Estimate was $750....but they will have my baby for 4 days.

In the mean time I am driving a Pontiac!
Old 12-01-2012, 03:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I feel your pain, sucks not having these nice rides while they sit in the shop. As a gift to mine for waiting so long to be reunited with me, I dropped her off at the tint shop today for some window dressings. I don't think that will make her happy though, so I will probably put some new springs after the new year.

I know she won't be truly happy until I get her some new shoes, those will have to wait till summer. I'm hoping all this will make her forget the pain of being poked in the rear end.

Ahh the things we do for our cars.

Originally Posted by CaseyS4
My 2012 S4 is less than 9 months old and I am EXTREMELY careful of where I park, etc.

At work I literally park 25 yards from the next closest car...in fact I get teased about it.

Anyway...a few weeks back my administrative assistant gets me off a conference call as a fellow employee backed into my black beauty.

At first I said "impossible" as no one was even close...but when I talked to the guy he confessed to talking on his cell as he was backing out...not paying attantion....and he had the back gate down on his pick up....BANG!!

My car is in the body shop all week...took a few weeks as its deer season in NC and the body shop was heavily booked with cars that had hit deer! The shop does excellent work so they are worth the wait!

Anyway...just goes to show....no matter how careful you are...no matter the lengths you go....odds are....you will get hit at some point!!

Damage was not too bad...back corner panel (drivers side).

Estimate was $750....but they will have my baby for 4 days.

In the mean time I am driving a Pontiac!