S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

My car is (almost) officially sailing on the Pacific!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My car is (almost) officially sailing on the Pacific!!

Sorry for taking up much needed space on the forum with my mindless drivel... But I needed to share with people that could understand my excitement.

So very close now, just a few thousand miles by sea and a few hundred on the mean streets of CA until she comes home. Hopefully by month end the break in process will begin.

This pic is from the Panama Canal, Miraflores locks (last locks before entering the Pacific)

Not sure if anyone else is on the Virgo Leader, but it looks like we are time for the 8/19 arrival in San Diego.

Mike
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
high res virgo.pdf (405.8 KB, 139 views)
Old 08-10-2010, 05:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default NWS4Guy had a picture too of his car's ship!

It was the Deadalus Leader crossing at Miraflores back in December.
I remember it being quite a clear shot. My car was there too!
Old 08-10-2010, 05:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by terminal nonchalance
Sorry for taking up much needed space on the forum with my mindless drivel... But I needed to share with people that could understand my excitement.

So very close now, just a few thousand miles by sea and a few hundred on the mean streets of CA until she comes home. Hopefully by month end the break in process will begin.

This pic is from the Panama Canal, Miraflores locks (last locks before entering the Pacific)

Not sure if anyone else is on the Virgo Leader, but it looks like we are time for the 8/19 arrival in San Diego.

Mike
Don't want to dampen your excitement, but you still probably have quite a bit of waiting ahead of you. My car shipped early July, arrived in Houston over a week ago, and it still hasn't arrived at the dealer. Ugh, this wait is awful . . .
Old 08-10-2010, 06:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by clochner
Don't want to dampen your excitement, but you still probably have quite a bit of waiting ahead of you. My car shipped early July, arrived in Houston over a week ago, and it still hasn't arrived at the dealer. Ugh, this wait is awful . . .
At this point I have a solid 3 weeks... My SA is pretty adamant that I will have the car by 9/1. He states that it usually sits at the port for a week and then it is a few days to get to the dealer. Seems reasonable to me, but after this long another week won't kill me.

Hope yours comes to you soon!

The webcams at miraflores suck after sunset, picture quality seems to go down a bit.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Love that old B6
Old 08-10-2010, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by nick71692
Love that old B6
Thanks!I loved it too. Amazing car that sounds better than many exotics with only minor exhaust tuning. Can't really beat the clean simple style either.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I got mine in Seattle 7-8 days after it landed at Houston.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I don't think there will be an another ship arrive at 8/16, so I think mine may be in the same ship. We can start to race who get the car first.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rktskicar
I got mine in Seattle 7-8 days after it landed at Houston.
Wow..why did your car land at Houston but mine will land at San Diego? I heard landing at San Diego takes 1-2 weeks more time than landing at Houston. I should have the car now.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by agpxo
I don't think there will be an another ship arrive at 8/16, so I think mine may be in the same ship. We can start to race who get the car first.
Depending on where you are this may be a loaded bet!

My car is coming to the bay area... if you are in socal you should get yours first!

My SA told me the ship would be in port san Diego on the 19th. As the ship was delayed leaving Europe. Originally I was told the 16th as well.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: My car is (almost) officially sailing on the Pacific!!