S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

My Stasis V2 before and after intake logs

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Stasis V2 before and after intake logs

Since I've posted my V2 logs I decided it was time to revisit some logging with an intake. My initial logs are all stock hardware down to the several thousand mile used OEM filter. These logs are on the same tank of gas in similar conditions and on the same stretch of road with an AWE intake(freshly cleaned).

Note that I make no claims about performance or the benefits of an intake, i'm just giving some data for my particular car on this particular day. That being said the AWE for my runs proved worse than stock. Stats across the board were almost identical but slightly lower; i'm sure this is well within margin of error. But on my car, at least, I think this shows that the AWE does not benefit me. I have the stock back on now, but will try/log the AWE again when it is cool out. It also indicates that perhaps the bottleneck is the stock box. I know a few have modified the snow screen/downturn on the front of the box which may open it up a bit. Perhaps intakes the do away with the stock box flow better with the trade off of potentially higher IATs.

This graph is a bit messy but you can see the AWE run requests slightly more boost but makes nearly identical/slightly less throughout the curve. This is possibly due to ambient conditions. While close to the same temperature and pressure wise this was on the street so it was obviously not completely controlled.

This graph is of the mass airflow. I think the results speak for themselves.

Old 08-31-2012, 02:02 PM
Banned

is it just me, or is the modded run worse?

edit: sorry, just noticed that you mentioned this in your description

p.s. car looks to be making some really good power if I were guessing based on g/sec (assuming this is kg/hr)

my stock RS4 hits maybe 325 g/sec (1170 kg hr)
Old 08-31-2012, 02:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by sakimano
is it just me, or is the modded run worse?

edit: sorry, just noticed that you mentioned this in your description

p.s. car looks to be making some really good power if I were guessing based on g/sec (assuming this is kg/hr)

my stock RS4 hits maybe 325 g/sec (1170 kg hr)
Yeah I'm pretty pleased with the power overall! The stasis V1 air mass is pretty much identical(just like the boost numbers) but all the extra revo timing definitely adds some power.

Other than the dyno I wonder if there is a way to estimate how much extra power the V2 makes over the v1 given it's making at least 5 degrees more timing through a lot of the power band.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jeffc31337
Yeah I'm pretty pleased with the power overall! The stasis V1 air mass is pretty much identical(just like the boost numbers) but all the extra revo timing definitely adds some power.

Other than the dyno I wonder if there is a way to estimate how much extra power the V2 makes over the v1 given it's making at least 5 degrees more timing through a lot of the power band.
are you interested in the power, or the speed at which you are traveling? I'd be more interested in actual on road performance. Dragstrip times are always good to look at to get a feel for how your mods are doing. You could also keep an eye on it with logs i.e. RPM/second to compare car A to car B, both on flat roads, log 3rd from 2000-7000. that's what I've done for years as m own private dyno.

p.s. does vcds for the B8 S4 have an 'actual engine torque' metric? You could make your own dyno history doing that. It logs torque in newton metres on my RS4, which you can then convert into a ft-lbs and hp chart. Ghetto dyno lol

Old 08-31-2012, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yeah actually i have my v1 logs over hte same stretch so I can approximate the performance difference!

We do in fact have an engine torque metric but the numbers it outputs are pretty ridiculous. I can add it in here(I have before and after intake v2) but the numbers are silly; like 500+hp.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Jeffc31337
Yeah actually i have my v1 logs over hte same stretch so I can approximate the performance difference!

We do in fact have an engine torque metric but the numbers it outputs are pretty ridiculous. I can add it in here(I have before and after intake v2) but the numbers are silly; like 500+hp.
Here you go saki; i'm sure Revo is doing something weird with this torque number. I know on 2.0Ts are torque numbers could not be trusted after tuning. i will note the revo 91 logs i've seen same show similar high numbers.

Old 09-01-2012, 03:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have a stock ECU, and when I installed my AWE intake, I noticed a decrease in throttle response. Went back to stock now, and the car feels very strong.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Banned

interesting. Wonder what AWE says about that?

As for the torque chart jeff, I don't think it matters really if the scale is nuts. The delta is alll you're really looking for. I don't know what 'engine torque' means really, since even on a stock car it's not the same as the advertised torque curve...nor is it the same as what we'd typically see at the wheels on a rolling road.

Just a good metric to use to compare to other runs you do post mods etc.