S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

My thoughts/review on 034 HFC's...

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default My thoughts/review on 034 HFC's...

So I got my car back yesterday after three days in the shop to have H&R sways installed, 034 HFC's installed, 5K service, and thermostat changed... Quite honestly the dealer had a bitch getting the old cats out and it took much longer than they had hoped and in turn cost me much more than I had hoped... They cut my bill down pretty substantially though... Also, do to a line getting in the way(not sure what line but will find out) they couldn't use the strat spacers, so they told me to bring the 034's or RAI's up and they would install them for free... Those will fit because they are shaped like an L vs the strat ones being straight... Will be doing that next week... No check engine light yet... LOL Pretty much just drove the car home from the dealer and spent 3+ hours detailing it since it actually got rained on Did do a couple WOT pulls on the way home and it sounds awesome IMO and also had a nice seat of the pants power improvement... Got up this morning and took it for another drive to really test it... WOW it does sound really sweet! Also, the cats wake the car up and you can really notice a difference in power... Definetly more than the intake or exhaust but not as much as the chip... I also feel the exhaust actually drones less now with the HFC's than it did with the stock ones... I am running the miltek non-res with DP's as well...

So I just got done loading my helmut, laptop, vagcom cable, and gopro camera into the car for the track when I decided to check too make sure they are open... Wouldn't you know it they are closed again because of water on the track and it being unsafe! Sigh... at least I didn't drive up there... Checked Norwalk and they are closed also... I really want to make passes... I know I will run in the high 11's... Wondering how long I will go before I get a CEL? I am pretty sure I will get one since I am not running any spacers but will see... I'll post the codes when/if I throw any before I take it back to get the spacers put on...

As for the sways my gosh are the stockers tiny compared to these... Didn't push the car too hard but it does feel much firmer when taking a corner at speed... I'll give more impressions on these after getting more seat time...

Here is a video from the gopro attached to my back bumper via the suction cup... Not the best as I am learning how to use this thing... I had it pointed at the exhaust/ground in an effort to capture the sound the best I could... It is a fairly accurate representation of the sound but no video captures it like is sounds in person IMO....

Let me know if you anyone has questions/comments or wants me to get some other vids and I will be glad to oblige... later Ron

DSG in manual mode hangs on 1-2 at 1:40... Stoped and soft launch in auto mode... 2:20-2:30 FTW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13B1P4qk-cw
Old 04-09-2011, 07:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was going to start a thread on AZ asking where your slips were then I came over here and saw this one. Ha!

Neal said this before but I'll reiterate, the pops and gurgling when letting off the throttle are awesome. Definitly a nice power bump. Enjoy!

Last edited by voltrons_head; 04-09-2011 at 07:53 PM.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by voltrons_head
I was going to start a thread on AZ asking where your slips were then I came over here and saw this one. Ha!

Neal said this before but I'll reiterate, the pops and gurgling when letting off the throttle are awesome. Definitly a nice power bump. Enjoy!
Yeah I am really bummed the track was closed as the conditions in terms of temp, humidity and BP were good... Oh well long year, hopefully there is good weather next Sat. and I am there...

I really am shocked at how much better the car and this exhaust sound with the HFC's...