S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

My USS Review AKA Eurocode has done it again!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 07:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My USS Review AKA Eurocode has done it again!

I got in on the USS group buy for the full setup, bars and end links. I took Friday off to go up to Gainesville for finals on Saturday morning and took the opportunity to schedule a USS install at Volkswurks. I dropped the car off with instructions to set the rear to stiff and the front to soft, rotate my tires, and fix an exhaust alignment issue that occured after the exhaust had heat cycled, and left to do some last minute studying while the work was done. Jeff from Volkswurks (great guy BTW. Knows his VAG products (TWSS)) called me a few hours later and I went and picked it up.

I didn't really get much of a chance to put it through its paces until today. I decided to make a detour on my way home and hit the same road I put the Alu Kreuz through its paces on. This road is a fairly narrow 2-lane road (in Mexico of course with about 10 or so 15 and 20mph curves and switchbacks, with frequent changes in road angle and a fairly rough surface. In short, just about as good a road as you can find in Florida to test this system out.

WOW is all I can say. This system is easily worth the full price, and was a steal at the group buy price. The best way to describe it is like the car is now on rails. Body roll is greatly reduced, and inputs are better translated to both wheels. Each and every turn just built confidence in the car going where I pointed it, and at higher and higher speeds. If you had trouble feeling the functionality of the sport diff before, you won't now. Throttle application as you hit the apex makes it feel like the hand of God pushing the rear of the car through turns, and yet the car just stays planted and doesn't roll over onto its outside tire like before, making recovery coming out of a turn more civilized and quicker. It just goes where directed, and you get all those benefits without any real increase in harshness. In short, this mod is just fun as hell, and it is evident that Eurocode put some thought into their development of this system. They've hit that perfect balance of a set of bars that are stiff enough to control roll, but not so stiff as to reduce the limit of traction of the car.

If you haven't yet, buy these bars now, along with the Alu Kreuz. Don't wait. They are must-haves for this platform.