S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

National Lease Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 08:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default National Lease Help

I'm interested in the $599/mnth national lease on the S4. I found the car I want but before I get into numbers with the dealer, I wanted to know what I'm talking about.
The fine print says "Lease is based on 2010 S4 3.0T Premium Plus with manual transmission, 19-inch 5 Tri-spoke wheels and destination charge included. MSRP of $47,625. Advertised lease offers require dealer contribution; final negotiated price may vary by dealer. See dealer for details."
$3973 due at signing.
How much does the dealer contribute? Can I get a better deal than the advertised lease? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Lease payment sounds a little too good to be true. Any other extras in set up? Rear Diff etc? They will probably also build Audicare into the agreement. My MSRP was closer to 49K and I did lease the car however I put nothing down and simply wrote check for first lease payment and drove away( after waiting six weeks for delivery).
Old 06-18-2010, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is the $4000 for? Sounds like cap reduction mostly which I wouldn't put that much down on a lease EVER.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Is there a special off on the s4? Can I get a link
Old 06-18-2010, 11:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by zerinTT
What is the $4000 for? Sounds like cap reduction mostly which I wouldn't put that much down on a lease EVER.
agreed, you may as well throw that money away.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Some numbers:

S4 residual for 36 months = 52%
Money Factor = .00107
MSRP = 47625

Running a lease with those numbers you'd get a before tax payment of $599/month. Looking at the audi site the math shows they are only taking a couple hundred of the msrp so this isn't a great deal, they are just using a very large cap cost reduction to make a monthly payment that seems low.

You're much better off not putting money down and having a payment somewhere in the $600's.

The best thing you can do is negotiate the cost of the car. Once that's done make sure the money factor and residual are in line with the numbers above. If all three of those things happen and you are happy with the negotiated price of the car then you got a good deal.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dvon1981
Some numbers:

S4 residual for 36 months = 52%
Money Factor = .00107
MSRP = 47625

Running a lease with those numbers you'd get a before tax payment of $599/month. Looking at the audi site the math shows they are only taking a couple hundred of the msrp so this isn't a great deal, they are just using a very large cap cost reduction to make a monthly payment that seems low.

You're much better off not putting money down and having a payment somewhere in the $600's.

The best thing you can do is negotiate the cost of the car. Once that's done make sure the money factor and residual are in line with the numbers above. If all three of those things happen and you are happy with the negotiated price of the car then you got a good deal.
That's exactly what I was looking for. The salesman was talking like he was selling the car at invoice. Know I know what to ask for. Thanks for the info.
This is the lease ad someone asked about.

http://www.southfloridaaudi.com/us_r...ial_offer.html
Old 06-18-2010, 12:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Tony (FL)
That's exactly what I was looking for. The salesman was talking like he was selling the car at invoice. Know I know what to ask for. Thanks for the info.
This is the lease ad someone asked about.

http://www.southfloridaaudi.com/us_r...ial_offer.html
From what I can tell the car should have an MSRP of $48,100 based on the description you gave, which isn't much more than the price you gave.

Just ask for all the numbers so you can calculate it yourself.

Key numbers:

MSRP
Negotiated Price
Residual
Money Factor

The residual will change based on number of miles. The number I have you is based on 12K miles per year, that will drop if you need 15K/year.

then just plug the number into any lease calculator online, for example: http://www.edmunds.com/calculators/a...tor_index.html

Last edited by dvon1981; 06-18-2010 at 12:43 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Is that special only available to south florida? I live in washington state and am having a terrible time trying to get any kind of deal buy OR lease. It so hard up here lol! Does anyone know if I show the dealers up here this link/website if they will honor that deal?
Old 06-18-2010, 01:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by TjEisenman
Is that special only available to south florida? I live in washington state and am having a terrible time trying to get any kind of deal buy OR lease. It so hard up here lol! Does anyone know if I show the dealers up here this link/website if they will honor that deal?
See my post above it's not a good deal it's just a big cap cost reduction.

Quick Reply: National Lease Help