S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

new 2010 black S4

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 05:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new 2010 black S4

Hey fellas I'm picking up my brilliant black 2010 S4 with prestige package and s-tronic(auto)tranny.Excited but was curious since this is my first Audi and coming from 2 Lexuses(06 IS350-08 GS460) if these cars develope any squeaks and/or rattles since the 2 Lexuses I had were brutal in this capacity.Was impressed with test ride but I would like to have a real quality car that's real fun to drive.Any input on this would be real helpful and appreciated.Would Audi dealers help with this?? I would like to keep this car for a long time and not be disappointed. Will post pics here when I pick it up. Thanks
Old 04-12-2010, 08:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Can't say about the 2010 yet but my 04 S4 has no squeaks or rattles at 86K on the odo.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My experience has shown that if you don't modify the suspension, there is a good chance of staying noise free. That being said, it's a lot harder to do if you live in an area with bad roads and don't go out of your way to avoid potholes. My 00 A4 rattled like crazy after a few years of hard suspensions. My roomates's stock 00 S4 with 80k miles on it is solid and quiet.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Only 2k miles but no noises yet and i just went thru a month of pot holes after the flooding rains

Old 04-13-2010, 05:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Rattles and Squeaks - off topic reply??

Originally Posted by BLACK10-S4P
Hey fellas I'm picking up my brilliant black 2010 S4 with prestige package and s-tronic(auto)tranny.Excited but was curious since this is my first Audi and coming from 2 Lexuses(06 IS350-08 GS460) if these cars develope any squeaks and/or rattles since the 2 Lexuses I had were brutal in this capacity.Was impressed with test ride but I would like to have a real quality car that's real fun to drive.Any input on this would be real helpful and appreciated.Would Audi dealers help with this?? I would like to keep this car for a long time and not be disappointed. Will post pics here when I pick it up. Thanks
Don't have definitive reply and as someone has already noted it may depend on what type of roads you use and over how many miles / years?
A mute story perhaps - which may help give some feel for expectations for no rattle squeaks on your ordered S4 - is that I've travelled to Germany on business for years, in one location always using a local taxi service, 'Autobahn driving' - don't ak why?;-) The taxi company I've used over the years receive Mercedes and Audi's as fleet cars for significant cost discount, on condition that they rack up the mileage (km's) and periodically report back on issues with the cars...I mean they go up towards '~ 200,000Km' in up to 3 years whichever comes first it seems, (from what was explained to me), collecting real world vehicle durability/reliability data points. Clearly all OEM's do own compressed vechicle durability test programs during development but the latter is intended as 'real world' activity and certain German Taxi Drivers offer this particular evaluation opportunity because of mileage they can do in reasonably short time.
TO YOUR QUERY, one of the check items they report out is 'buzz-squeak-rattle' (BSR) noises. I would assume therefore that this awareness by Audi, to carrying out actual in-field evaluation, is something that helps provide valuable vehicle level feedback back into their cabin and chassis design and build quality.
While there's no guarantee that you will never encounter BSR's, the odds are maybe higher than average that w/Audi that you'll be satisfied Customer....maybe higher than Lexus??;-)

PS.
Above noted, there "have" been reports on other B8 S4 threads about vibrating door Speaker / Speaker wires, a few reported cases, could be part of early build teething issues....maybe you need to check that out on threads?