S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

New guy w/ an Audi story already...

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 06:58 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy w/ an Audi story already...

All,

Been educating myself on this board for the last month for buying a S4 this fall. I'm getting ready to do this out east after I leave my current base this summer. Just want to thank all the folks that have gone before and done the research on the all the S4 options. Looks like I'm going for a Prestige pkg w/ DSG along w/ the sports diff. I'm still on the fence about the base interior vs the all leather, but I've got time to think on that one.

So, in order to get said S4, I had to sell my wife on the car. There's only one Audi/VW store in the area where we're located (Boise, ID). The store just moved to a new location in town when the owner bought the franchise off another guy.

Now here's the fun part, the dealership up until June '09 was a Saturn store. Anyway, the wife and I were waiting on a flight to get in to pick up our friends and I decided to take her by the Audi store to show her a S4. We were greeted at the door immediately by a SA and was told all the old staff stayed after Saturn went poof. The SA goes on to tell me that he has no S4s, but has a A4 S-line that's just as good. I go on to expalin the diffenreces between the two models, and he becomes uncomfortable and starts fidgiting in his seat w/ a confused look on his face. After which, he states thanks for coming in and shows us the door.

Needless to say, I'm not buying out here, but does anyone have any recommendations for Audi stores in and around Virginia (where I'll be stationed starting this summer)? I don't mind driving a bit for a good dealership.

Thanks again for all the good info here.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad to see you post and did your homework - sounds like you know what to do and are ready! There are many around the DC area so they should be able to give you some names, let us know how the story ends up though
Old 02-24-2010, 08:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Ugh, sale people really need to learn their damn product! How do you expect to sell something you don't know sh*t about.

More power to you!
Old 02-24-2010, 09:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Best thing you can do is email your surrounding dealerships. It will save you a lot of hassle, miles, and get you a car you want for a price you aim for.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SFV A4
Best thing you can do is email your surrounding dealerships. It will save you a lot of hassle, miles, and get you a car you want for a price you aim for.
Totally agree, I just ordered mine today after receiving a quote from one dealer that offered me a good price (crappy service) but I bought it from another dealer where I like the service and they just price matched it. After papers were signed I just came home tonight and I received another quote from another dealer that could have saved me $700 but I gotta find out if it's too late for them to still match it. My advice make sure ALL of the dealers get back to you with a quote.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

If you are around northern virginia, I got my car at Tischer Audi just over the river in MD. Sales Associate's name is Johnny Franco... really good guy... knows his stuff... takes care of his customers.

I shopped around a bunch of audi dealers and i found that they were either obnoxious or bad mannered (esp. HBL and Rockville).

PM me if you need any help. GL and welcome.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

It's almost as funny as the sales guys who 'just can't let the S4 go for under MSRP'. Been shopping around the last 2 weeks myself, and it's always funny when I get dropped that line as I have the Amex/Zag $300-over-invoice printout from 2 nearby dealers in my back pocket.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:28 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by foodplz
If you are around northern virginia, I got my car at Tischer Audi just over the river in MD. Sales Associate's name is Johnny Franco... really good guy... knows his stuff... takes care of his customers.

I shopped around a bunch of audi dealers and i found that they were either obnoxious or bad mannered (esp. HBL and Rockville).

PM me if you need any help. GL and welcome.
Thanks for the dealer info--this is exactly what I'm looking for. I'll most probably be in the Hampton Roads area, but I'll drive up to DC if the SA is a good one. Before this, I've just been judging dealers online by the amount/type of inventory they carry. More inventory/models = more volume and better deals.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ViperMX
Thanks for the dealer info--this is exactly what I'm looking for. I'll most probably be in the Hampton Roads area, but I'll drive up to DC if the SA is a good one. Before this, I've just been judging dealers online by the amount/type of inventory they carry. More inventory/models = more volume and better deals.
Great way to judge them, short of a visit and knowing the sales staff. Email them is also a good way to get to know at least one person there also.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

A knowledgeable sales staff is important. But, when I look for a dealership to buy a car from, I look for one with a an excellent service department. You only have to deal with the sales a staff every couple of years, but will work with the service department more often, even just for regular maintenance.

Quick Reply: New guy w/ an Audi story already...