S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

New pics of my Quartz with Ti

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New pics of my Quartz with Ti

First time washing my car today - well at home anyway.. I really enjoy washing my cars; it gives me a good hour or two to focus on nothing but cleaning my car, and I find it relaxing. Anywho..

I got the Ti wheels and Summer tires put back on about a week ago. The weather in Stuttgart today is gorgeous, especially for late March - upper 60's today with a light breeze. A proper bath was a must!

Props to Audi for doing such an outstanding job painting my car; no orange peel to speak of anywhere. My previous '08 335i had so much orange peel I figured Sunkist had actually painted the thing. Also a lot of metallic in the Quartz that I hadn't really noticed until I was 12" from the panels. I'm loving the Quartz gray; coming from a very dark 335i to this is a welcome change. Even when dirty the car still looks good. Those Ti rims are a snap to clean as well!!

Oh, funny short story too.. I was drying her off with my three super sized microfiber towels when an older gentleman walked by. He stopped, looked at the car, took another step, stopped again and looked at the car. The car getting stared at is pretty common, so I pretended to not notice him. He then kindly interrupted me, and asked a few questions, which I kindly answered (and he knew I was American) - then he asked if I was interested in selling my car!! I said, "no sir, she's almost brand new". He talked about how beautiful the car is, and when I'm ready to sell, I needed to come down the street and talk to him about it. I laughed a bit as he walked off, but it did built up my ego just a wee bit more.

Some happy snaps for y'all. The interior pics are old.. I pulled the weathertech mats out today and put the carpeted ones back in. I was losing sunlight quick, but the new exterior shots turned out pretty well.

Last edited by xxShadowxx; 03-25-2011 at 09:51 AM.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

detailing is therapy

I've been wondering how the Ti package would look with Quartz Grey and I think these are the first photos I've seen.

Looks great, thanks for sharing
Old 03-25-2011, 11:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dingosatemyaudi
detailing is therapy
I've been wondering how the Ti package would look with Quartz Grey and I think these are the first photos I've seen.

Looks great, thanks for sharing

So true!

xxShadowxx - car looks great!
Old 03-25-2011, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Car looks great, and you are right it was a really nice day today for a change.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

WOW!

I just put in my order for phantom black ext., with black/brown interior because theo ther pics I have seen of the magma leather seemed too red, almost pink-ish. But your photos show it off much differently.

I do not know if it is a matter of the amera settings when the pics were taken, but that interior is gorgeous. I may have to see if I can change my order.

Congrats!!
Old 03-25-2011, 11:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by GamingDaemon
WOW!

I just put in my order for phantom black ext., with black/brown interior because theo ther pics I have seen of the magma leather seemed too red, almost pink-ish. But your photos show it off much differently.

I do not know if it is a matter of the amera settings when the pics were taken, but that interior is gorgeous. I may have to see if I can change my order.

Congrats!!
I think the magma is a pretty true red, although maybe just a bit darker. It's not pink by any means. Both the sunlight and the fact that cameras just don't do red well means it's hard to photograph. I think either color would look great with your exterior choice.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by xxShadowxx
I think the magma is a pretty true red, although maybe just a bit darker. It's not pink by any means. Both the sunlight and the fact that cameras just don't do red well means it's hard to photograph. I think either color would look great with your exterior choice.
First, let me apologize for my typos. I type too fast sometimes.

In my M3 now, I have a tan/brown leather for the seats, and it looks great. It is very similar, if not an exact match, for the Audi S4 brown. I think I will be happy, but being ****, I always want things to be perfect.

I just keep wondering if I had had a chance to see the magma in person, would I have chosen that color over the brown? I just put the order in, so I suppose I might have a chance to change it. But I should probably just let it go, and back away

Oh well, these are good problems to have...
Old 03-26-2011, 02:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

my previous 335i had terracotta leather interior, so I wanted to go another direction with the S4. I wss wanting to be a bit more daring this time around, and I'm glad I did. Don't be afraid with either; I've seen both interiors and they both looks great.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by GamingDaemon
First, let me apologize for my typos. I type too fast sometimes.

In my M3 now, I have a tan/brown leather for the seats, and it looks great. It is very similar, if not an exact match, for the Audi S4 brown. I think I will be happy, but being ****, I always want things to be perfect.

I just keep wondering if I had had a chance to see the magma in person, would I have chosen that color over the brown? I just put the order in, so I suppose I might have a chance to change it. But I should probably just let it go, and back away

Oh well, these are good problems to have...
I can't speak for the brown, as I haven't seen it in person. But the magma is something to behold in person. The pics online never quite do it justice. It is a more sophisticated red than any photo can show, based on my experience (different light affects the tone a lot).

However if you get brown, you will have a rare S4 (S4s seem pretty rare to begin with IMO). Just make sure that brown is what you want, as I'm pretty sure you could still change your order (you are fine if the order is still 'Factory Order Bank' status). Magma seats go really well in a black car btw.

With this order process it is very likely you will second-guess something during the wait (I'm still unsure I made the right choice with brushed aluminum and magma myself, but pictures like these make me feel better)...
Old 04-02-2011, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I noticed your floor mats. I had problems with the drivers side mat hanging up on the brake peda. I had to cut off 1" off the top to allow enough clearence. I had it catch on the pedal twice and thought something was wrong with the car as it was dragging. Anyone who has these MacNeil inserts should do the same.