S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

With the new s4 prices to be released......anyone thinking euro delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 05:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default With the new s4 prices to be released......anyone thinking euro delivery?

I saw someone linked to audi's site where there will be a 5% discount on a euro deliver (ED) car.

Being that the S4 should be priced LOWER than the previous model combined with the 2500 (approx) discount with ED... it might be a great deal.

The question for me is... how bad the audi residuals will be 8-10 months from now.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:40 PM
L0U
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by KEVIN97A4
I saw someone linked to audi's site where there will be a 5% discount on a euro deliver (ED) car.

Being that the S4 should be priced LOWER than the previous model combined with the 2500 (approx) discount with ED... it might be a great deal.

The question for me is... how bad the audi residuals will be 8-10 months from now.
audis residuals are horrific. If you are leasing, better go bmw. Audi is for purchase, with a bit of a pounding on resale. At least you know this ahead of time. I am on Audi number 4, with zero bmws. The purchase price this year is very competitive at least.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I hear you... since I leaved my 06 A4 residuals have gotten horrid... but even BMW owners are feeling the brunt of poor residuals.. for me leasing is the only options so we shall see..... but the 2500 discount for ED does help.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heard the residuals are going to be better on B8 S4.

Lease rates will still suck, but not as bad as the s5.

Maybe close to 5.9% in Canada.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Toronto Canada here,

my dealer confirmed the 5% range for leasing
Old 07-29-2009, 09:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

FWIW, I'm definitely interested in using ED for a full purchase.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

sorry for such a newbie question. what exactly does euro deliver mean? i was somewhat upset that audi is not going to bring the s4 avant to n. america and i had intentions to make that my next car instead of another SUV. can i get one via "euro delivery"? does this entail physically flying to germany to pick one up? what kind of shipping cost is involved if any? thanks.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
Default You can only get U.S. spec cars

I haven't done an Audi European delivery (ED), but did ED on my current BMW 3-Series. You order the car to your specification (U.S. models and options only) at your local dealer 2-3 months ahead of the date you plan to take delivery of your car in Ingolstadt (or Munich, in my case). You fly to Germany, take delivery at the factory delivery center, get to drive the car all over Europe for up to 2-3 months (BMW or Audi provide insurance for up to 14 or 15 days) and then drop off the car at one of the designated drop-off locations in Germany or other European cities and fly back home. Your car arrives at your local dealership about 6 weeks later.

You do not pay any additional freight charges and get 5% discount off MSRP (BMW gives 7% off plus any additional discount you can negotiate with your dealer). In the case of BMW, you pay the standard destination charge that's on every new car MSRP sticker, but perhaps Audi does not charge destination for ED cars. BMW offers a 2-for-1 Lufthansa ticket deal, but Lufthansa was more expensive than US Airways, so we ended up buying our own tickets. I think Audi picks you up at Munich airport and provides one night of hotel stay in Inglostadt. I highly recommend it as it was one of our best vacations ever. We spent a total of 20 days in Europe and put 1500 miles on the car. I got my car for a total of 11.8% off U.S. MSRP. Audi's program used to only apply to purchases but I think they have added leases as well.

You can find all the info on the Audi ED program at
http://www.audiusa.com/us/brand/en/e...container=page

Last edited by Bada Bing; 07-31-2009 at 08:54 AM.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You have to give your dealer a check (or CC) for the VAT (Value Added Tax) to hold onto until the car is delivered.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:31 PM
L0U
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

not available in Canada

Quick Reply: With the new s4 prices to be released......anyone thinking euro delivery?