S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

new steering wheel design...

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 07:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new steering wheel design...

notice the change back to the old "circle" at the center of the steering wheel for the upcoming audi a6... love this move...the trapezoidal shape while reflecting the signature grill always looked odd to me... wonder if they will change in next refresh...
Attached Images  
Old 12-17-2010, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

I like the circle design, but I think it looks kind of odd how the steering wheel spokes mount to the top instead of the center.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:47 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old is new again. I don't really prefer either design. Both look good to me.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by gdsm3
I like the circle design, but I think it looks kind of odd how the steering wheel spokes mount to the top instead of the center.
That's the point, otherwise you'd have a huge fat spoke on the bottom and you wouldn't be able to see much on the inst panel. I like it, but think that S models should get the thicker, flat-bottom wheel as on the RS6.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by koobah
That's the point, otherwise you'd have a huge fat spoke on the bottom and you wouldn't be able to see much on the inst panel. I like it, but think that S models should get the thicker, flat-bottom wheel as on the RS6.
I get the point. I just think think the lack of symmetry between the round horn and the spokes has a somewhat awkward look. I think the S models should have gotten the thicker, flat-bottom wheel also.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gdsm3
I get the point. I just think think the lack of symmetry between the round horn and the spokes has a somewhat awkward look. I think the S models should have gotten the thicker, flat-bottom wheel also.
+1
Old 12-17-2010, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by meteor man
notice the change back to the old "circle" at the center of the steering wheel for the upcoming audi a6... love this move...the trapezoidal shape while reflecting the signature grill always looked odd to me... wonder if they will change in next refresh...
I personally like the trapezoidal shape. The shape itslef is modern looking, carries a 3D effect and complements the shape of the center console. The circle, however looks flat and a bit too retro for me

Last edited by GR8-LIFE; 12-17-2010 at 10:31 AM.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mark_nimda
I personally like the trapezoidal shape. The shape itslef is modern looking, carries a 3D effect and complements the shape of the center console. The circle, however looks flat and a bit too retro for me

i feel ya, i think a circle in a circle is a bit too much. one thing we can all agree is that we need a thicker wheel tho.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SPR415
i feel ya, i think a circle in a circle is a bit too much. one thing we can all agree is that we need a thicker wheel tho.
I test drove an AMG C63 a couple of weeks ago and talk about a thick wheel!

Personally I would want it to be a bit thicker and a liitle smaller. Oh, and one that readily attaches and detaches would be great too. It could be a Detachable steering wheel option
Old 12-17-2010, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mark_nimda

Totally agree with you here that the trapezoidal shape looks much more modern and the circle one just looks too retro.

That A6 interior looks like a$$ to me. First off the trim on the door is way too short. should go all the way back otherwise it looks to plain in that picture. Second the center stack with the pop up looks like garbage and I wonder if the glare from the sun will affect the display without it being inset into the dash. The A4 design looks much nicer but needs just a bit of upgrade in materials.

Last edited by riegerman; 12-17-2010 at 01:58 PM.

Quick Reply: new steering wheel design...