S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

NO: DESPERATELY NEED HELP WITH TIMING CHAIN JOB!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2024, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NO: DESPERATELY NEED HELP WITH TIMING CHAIN JOB!

Hey, I already posted this on s5 forum but since s4 is more or less the same, I take my chances here too. I really need help and Audi themselves wasn’t in much of a mood to help so yeah…..I have pulled the engine and dsg on 13’ s5 and split them to change the timing chains and tensioners. I pulled everything and replaced them with new parts. Did everything by the book and used the locking hardware for the timing correctly. However when I was done and went to turn the engine to see if everything was working correctly I stumbled upon a wall about three, 90 degrees turns later. Turned the engine in reverse a little bit and was able to turn it the same amount again but it locked up again. There is no spark plugs installed and there is no debris inside. I first suspected that the chain did not get the correct "fitment" on the tensioner side when tightening, like it was firm on the opposite side of the tensioner but I have removed and installed the cam adjusters, sprockets and the chains on both sides 3 times to be sure that there is no "slark/loose ends" on the wrong side of the tensioners. But no luck, engine still locks up when turning. In fact it has gotten worse, last time I did it, it would only turn one 90 degree turn and then lock up…..no workshop in my country would do the job for less than 13k so that’s why I have taken this job in my own hands. I wanna get it running again so bad )): thank you to those who took the time to read and my first language is not English either so excuse any mistakes or bad "wording"

!Engine code CCBA!