S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Noise from the driver seat

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 06:02 AM
riu
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noise from the driver seat

For the last week I have been driving and when I go over even the slightest bump I hear a noise that is similar to keys jingling but more faint. I can replicate it if I move my body from left to right in my seat or bob up and down. But the weird thing about it is, it does not happen all the time.

Last night I was driving home from work and it happened for almost the whole ride. When i pulled up to my home i tried to replicate it and I couldn't.

It is not something that only happens when the car is in motion because I have replicated it by moving around at a red light before.

My car was at Audi 3 times this week for a rattle in the back seat and I brought it up to them on its last visit when they were fixing the problem.

So now the old problem is gone but I have this one. They thought they solved this issue because they looked and pulled 4-5 coins out of the track of the seat. I thought that might have fixed it but while driving home I ran into the same issue.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

If the problem persists for another week or two without me being able to locate and fix it myself in some simple way I will bring it back to Audi. I just wanna give them a break, lol they have seen me a lot over the last 2 weeks.

Thanks.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

damm so i am not only one who hates these rattles ???.... good luck
Old 06-21-2012, 09:48 AM
riu
AudiWorld Member

haha def not! Go read my post about this on AZ and you will see a story about another rattle I had. Just this week and got it fixed.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:55 PM
sor
AudiWorld Member

Received 73 Likes on 41 Posts

I had a similar sound. I realized after a bit that it was the zipper pull on my laptop bag. I know that sounds lame, but they'd jingle in a strange way that sounded like something loose in my seat or maybe the center console. Not saying it's this, but that's the only persistent rattle I've come across so far :-)
Old 06-22-2012, 02:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by riu
For the last week I have been driving and when I go over even the slightest bump I hear a noise that is similar to keys jingling but more faint. I can replicate it if I move my body from left to right in my seat or bob up and down. But the weird thing about it is, it does not happen all the time.

Last night I was driving home from work and it happened for almost the whole ride. When i pulled up to my home i tried to replicate it and I couldn't.

It is not something that only happens when the car is in motion because I have replicated it by moving around at a red light before.

My car was at Audi 3 times this week for a rattle in the back seat and I brought it up to them on its last visit when they were fixing the problem.

So now the old problem is gone but I have this one. They thought they solved this issue because they looked and pulled 4-5 coins out of the track of the seat. I thought that might have fixed it but while driving home I ran into the same issue.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

If the problem persists for another week or two without me being able to locate and fix it myself in some simple way I will bring it back to Audi. I just wanna give them a break, lol they have seen me a lot over the last 2 weeks.

Thanks.
I have a jingle sound coming from the passenger seat, definitely something inside rattling and its definitely from the seat. I'm at 21k. I'll have them look at it during the 25k service if I can wait...
Old 06-22-2012, 04:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 549 Likes on 369 Posts

Reminds me of an episode of "Curb Your Enthusiasm".