S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Non Refundable Deposit?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ni4ni
This is Wilsonville Audi in Oregon. I'm so glad to hear from you guys about this. The dealerler seems to be very firm about the nonrefundable deposit. I think I will take the advice from you guys and walk if they still tell me about the nonrefundable deposit. I was scheduled to drive down there in 2 weeks.
I'm interested in the follow-up. Did you end up buying from Wilsonville? How was your experience overall? Were there any issues with the deposit (or anything else)?
Old 07-18-2012, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Osicom
I think they need to do a credit check even if you pay with a check. If you pay with rock hard cash then they shouldn't check.
But then they would have to report you to the feds for making a "green cash" purchase of over $5000 or $10,000, I can't remember which. I think that's a law that was set up to catch drug dealers.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by av_audi
But then they would have to report you to the feds for making a "green cash" purchase of over $5000 or $10,000, I can't remember which. I think that's a law that was set up to catch drug dealers.
If you're not a drug dealer then would it matter?
Old 07-18-2012, 04:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Toecutter
If you're not a drug dealer then would it matter?
No, of course not, but you will probably have the FBI and IRS knock on your door, and will be asked to answer a bunch of questions and possibly be investigated, all of which would be a major pain
Old 07-18-2012, 04:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Toecutter
I'm interested in the follow-up. Did you end up buying from Wilsonville? How was your experience overall? Were there any issues with the deposit (or anything else)?
No I didn't buy it from them. I ended up using their offer for leverage in negotiating the S4 4 at University Audi in WA.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Boy oh boy I'm glad I came across this.

I am interested in one of 3 colors thats found on other Audis, I wouldn't say they are 'wild'.

I am nervous that it is too late in the year to order the vehicle. I don't want to get locked into a non-refundable deposit. I certainly dont mind the price for the color, or the deposit, but I dont wanna loose my money because they cant deliver the car.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by brooklyn-sline

I am interested in one of 3 colors thats found on other Audis, I wouldn't say they are 'wild'.

I am nervous that it is too late in the year to order the vehicle. I don't want to get locked into a non-refundable deposit. I certainly dont mind the price for the color, or the deposit, but I dont wanna loose my money because they cant deliver the car.
Although I agreed to a nonrefundable deposit, I asked about the terms before I agreed. The terms stipulate that the deposit is nonrefundable if they can deliver the car as ordered and within the agreed upon time frame. In other words, if they can't deliver the car then the deposit is not nonrefundable.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I put down a $1000 and it is fully refundable. Even when the car arrives on the lot, I'll have the option of turning it down and getting my money back.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by ni4ni
No I didn't buy it from them. I ended up using their offer for leverage in negotiating the S4 4 at University Audi in WA.
my S4 came from University in Seattle. what SA did you use?

Bruce
Old 08-17-2012, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brooklyn-sline

Ultimately the only person who can lock you into a non-refundable deposit is you. If you don't want to be locked into one, then don't agree to it.

Quick Reply: Non Refundable Deposit?