S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

NWS4Guy, where are your new car pics and report?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ShadowJet
Quartz is lookin' good! I also see some Oakley sunglasses in the driver side door if I'm not mistaken.
haha, guilty

It's the ballistics case, but I just had to grab it out of my old car at trade in, I use the one over the rearview mirrow.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car looks great and was long overdue for you! Thanks as always for the helpful information and welcome to team Quartz! Have a good holiday.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Looks great, love the Alcantara.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Looks great, congrats
Old 12-23-2009, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts

Aww man congrats on the car and thanks for the write up about your experience thus far.

I was just getting ready to ask about the "sport mode" for automatics since I didnt see the "S" on the gear shift like my old S4 and my current S6... This is now a setting in the MMI?

Also, your interior is HOT!
Old 12-23-2009, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hbcucat
Aww man congrats on the car and thanks for the write up about your experience thus far.

I was just getting ready to ask about the "sport mode" for automatics since I didnt see the "S" on the gear shift like my old S4 and my current S6... This is now a setting in the MMI?

Also, your interior is HOT!
You get the typical "Auto/Dynamic/Comfort/Individual" modes to choose from on the dash. Individual allows you to setup the three settings I mentioned, choosing to mix and match settings. You can set the Steering, Throttle (which governs Engine, throttle response, and shifting on the DSG), and Sport Diff.

For example, if you choose Dynamic mode overall, it puts all the Steering, Throttle and Diff all in Dynamic (which is aggressive). Individual mode allows you to choose a setting for each. I have my Sport diff and Steering for Dynamic and throttle for Comfort under my Individual mode. This gives some pep but keeps fuel consumption under control and keeps me under control during the break in period.

As for shifting and sports mode, with the DSG, you can move the shifter to the side once in "D" mode. From there, the car will not shift until much higher in the RPM range, and under heavy throttle it will only shift at redline. You can manually override shift points either using the shifter, bumping it up to upshift, and back to downshift, or using the paddle shifters.

You can use the paddle while in just "D" to force a gear change, but after about 10 seconds it will revert to ECU control and put the car in whatever gear it deems proper.

Hopefully this makes sense?
Old 12-23-2009, 08:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
You get the typical "Auto/Dynamic/Comfort/Individual" modes to choose from on the dash. Individual allows you to setup the three settings I mentioned, choosing to mix and match settings. You can set the Steering, Throttle (which governs Engine, throttle response, and shifting on the DSG), and Sport Diff.
NWS4Guy, do you see a lot of difference between dynamic and comfort for any of the options? I'm considering ADS just because I would be able to control the suspension too. Being a first timer with sports car, while I appreciate the harder suspension, I feel like I would get tired of it in my daily driving. If the difference between the dynamic and comfort is noticeable enough, it may put my fears to bed.

Thanks!
Old 12-23-2009, 08:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts

Thanks for the thorough clarification... I can't wait to get mine to play with! Sweet...
Old 12-23-2009, 10:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

I also have ADS Lite and in my opinion the suspension is firm but not punishing. It only bothers me on really bad roads that honestly need to be repaired anyway. I'm happy with my choice and the $6K in savings was worth it to me. That being said, if the economy is better when I buy my NEXT S4 then I'd probably say what the hell and get full ADS. It all comes down to personal preference and I love my S4 as it is configured. I'd suggest trying to drive one without ADS and see how it feels to you. I did and made sure to go over speed bumps and pot holes to see how it felt. If you want a Lexus smooth ride at times then definitely get ADS. If not then maybe go ADS Lite, it's depends on your expectations and what makes you happy. Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong either way unless you drive on some really crappy streets all the time.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great to see you finally got the car and posted pics! Congrats, NWS4Guy. It looks like the long wait was totally worth it!

Quick Reply: NWS4Guy, where are your new car pics and report?