S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Off-Topic: AudiWorld vs. Audizine

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 09:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Off-Topic: AudiWorld vs. Audizine

So, I posted this here in this forum because it's the only one on AudiWorld that I visit.

I've been checking out Audizine also, just to see what's going on over there. It didn't take me long to notice a few things. I have actually seen a few names that overlap with the names here, so no offense to any of you that like the other forum.

Anyhow, there seems to be a higher proportion of a-holes on that forum. There's a lot more cussing. (Don't get my wrong, I love to drop the f-bomb, among other choice terms, when it suits me) Also, I noticed a few posts are very confrontational and a few of the posters seem to enjoy being jerks. I haven't noticed any of that here.

All right ... just my opinion, which isn't worth anything. haha
Old 11-20-2009, 09:15 PM
BBC
Audiworld Junior Member

I concur
Old 11-20-2009, 10:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes...there seem to be. Many who have been around a Looooong time, and have a lot of "rep" which apparently tends to give a large head at times. It seems more friendly over here to me.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Chris
So, I posted this here in this forum because it's the only one on AudiWorld that I visit.

I've been checking out Audizine also, just to see what's going on over there. It didn't take me long to notice a few things. I have actually seen a few names that overlap with the names here, so no offense to any of you that like the other forum.

Anyhow, there seems to be a higher proportion of a-holes on that forum. There's a lot more cussing. (Don't get my wrong, I love to drop the f-bomb, among other choice terms, when it suits me) Also, I noticed a few posts are very confrontational and a few of the posters seem to enjoy being jerks. I haven't noticed any of that here.

All right ... just my opinion, which isn't worth anything. haha

I agree. I check out Audizine but haven't bothered to get an account.

Greg
Old 11-21-2009, 08:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by AlA4
I agree. I check out Audizine but haven't bothered to get an account.

Greg
I agree. I actually post over there too under a different name "Nvius". This account name on Audiworld is so old, lol.

I like Audiworld for its down to earth attitude and informative incite. But the pace of Audizine and the amount of tuner information that passes through there is a lot more than on Audiworld. I guess I have different uses for both.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

I frequent both forums because I've been able to use both as a good resource for questions, answers, and research. I will definitely agree this forum here is a bit more friendly.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

(climbing on soap box)

Okay ... so I've looked at "them" even more. I'm completely convinced that 90% of them are asses. Someone takes the time to post quite a few pictures of their new S4, and they are quality pictures (of a quality car - of course). Two-thirds of the responses were telling the guy what he should change: the ride height, the rims, tinting, etc.

And what's with that "reputation" thing? Some sort of popularity contest? Welcome *back* to high school.

(getting off soap box)
Old 11-22-2009, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

being a long time Porsche 911 owner also, I would characterize this board as being more like the civil quieter board Rennteam to Porsche owners , and Audizine as equivalent to 6Speedonline .

Most " mod-oriented " boards have more yellow as there are always competing brand " fanboys " lurking and vendors/their camps sometimes get into it , too. But that's internet bench racing - probably happens at Prius boards too, I'm sure.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Inclined
being a long time Porsche 911 owner also, I would characterize this board as being more like the civil quieter board Rennteam to Porsche owners , and Audizine as equivalent to 6Speedonline .

Most " mod-oriented " boards have more yellow as there are always competing brand " fanboys " lurking and vendors/their camps sometimes get into it , too. But that's internet bench racing - probably happens at Prius boards too, I'm sure.
Whoops, typo . Should be " yelling ", not " yellow" .
Old 11-22-2009, 10:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I myself like AW and QW. Never did like Audizine. Threaded view (KAWF or KAWF-like FTW).

Bruce

Quick Reply: Off-Topic: AudiWorld vs. Audizine