S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Onboard handbook with MY2010 S4

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 08:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Onboard handbook with MY2010 S4

Hi all,

I have a 2010 S4 with the 3GMMI system. Here in Australia Audi have 'crippled' the on board manual and don't supply it with the car. I have a VagCom cable and have enabled the option within the MMI.. however I don't have a copy of the manual. Does anyone have either a part number for the CD that came with their car, or know where I can get an ISO image (backup copy) that I can load onto the hard drive?

Regards,
Brett
Old 08-22-2010, 09:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

If you haven't done so already, try searching for it, somebody was asking for the exact some thing about 2 months ago but I don't know how it ended up. (It wasn't you, was it?)
Old 08-22-2010, 11:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by LeadToRome;
If you haven't done so already, try searching for it, somebody was asking for the exact some thing about 2 months ago but I don't know how it ended up. (It wasn't you, was it?)
I asked 2 months ago. Never found it.

Our cars have on-board manuals? Seriously?
Old 08-23-2010, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DigiSage
I asked 2 months ago. Never found it.

Our cars have on-board manuals? Seriously?
I have been looking for the same thing (iso or similar) but have had no luck. If I find it I will let you know.

J
Old 08-29-2010, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by blackhawk878
I have been looking for the same thing (iso or similar) but have had no luck. If I find it I will let you know.

J
Surely someone has the manual on CD, and can walk out to their car and get the part number?????
Or.. is this something that is in the hard copy manual, but doesn't REALLY exist??
Old 08-29-2010, 06:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In the US, I think we only get a regular, hard copy Owner's Manual. No CD of any sort.
Old 08-29-2010, 06:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by redmanb4
Surely someone has the manual on CD, and can walk out to their car and get the part number?????
Or.. is this something that is in the hard copy manual, but doesn't REALLY exist??
I just went out to the garage, grabbed all the literature, and went through it. First of all there is no CD with it (MY '11). Second, I didn't spend hours going through it, but I saw no mention of a CD in the indedx to the manual or in the Quick Reference Guide. There is a website mentioned whereyou can order literature, www.audi.techliterature.com, but I didn't see any mention of a CD on there either.

So I guess it's possible that it exists, but it sure seems like it doesn't.

Last edited by LeadToRome; 08-29-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:50 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by LeadToRome
I just went out to the garage, grabbed all the literature, and went through it. First of all there is no CD with it (MY '11). Second, I didn't spend hours going through it, but I saw no mention of a CD in the indedx to the manual or in the Quick Reference Guide. There is a website mentioned whereyou can order literature, www.audi.techliterature.com, but I didn't see any mention of a CD on there either.

So I guess it's possible that it exists, but it sure seems like it doesn't.
Thanks so much for checking... so, to be sure.. you have an MY11 with 3G MMI Nav PLus right? In mine (an MY10), when you select the 'car' button on the console, there is an option that shows up on the top right of the screeen (selected by the top right button around the MMI control ****) and it is labeled 'Handbook' When I press the button it says to insert the CD. In my hard copy manual, it refers to this functionality also and says once you have loaded the CD you don't need to reload it any more.
This is described in my hard copy MMI Navigation Plus book on page 53 - On Board Handbook
Regards,
Brett
Old 08-30-2010, 03:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks so much for checking... so, to be sure.. you have an MY11 with 3G MMI Nav PLus right? In mine (an MY10), when you select the 'car' button on the console, there is an option that shows up on the top right of the screeen (selected by the top right button around the MMI control ****) and it is labeled 'Handbook' When I press the button it says to insert the CD. In my hard copy manual, it refers to this functionality also and says once you have loaded the CD you don't need to reload it any more.
This is described in my hard copy MMI Navigation Plus book on page 53 - On Board Handbook
Regards,
Brett
No paper manual? Wow you Australians have taken this green thing a step too far. Let's see your car breaks down you have a battery failure. You then go to reference your manual. Manual what manual there is no power, ah..., thats a shame.

I don't think for liability reasons they would allow this here in North America. If they did I for one would be surprised.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks so much for checking... so, to be sure.. you have an MY11 with 3G MMI Nav PLus right? In mine (an MY10), when you select the 'car' button on the console, there is an option that shows up on the top right of the screeen...
Just saw this now (it's almost midnight here) - yeah the car is an '11 with the 3G Nav plus... don't know about the "car" menu one way or the other, I'll try to remember to check it out tomorrow.