S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Opinions on two-tone leather and gray birch wood trim?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 10:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Opinions on two-tone leather and gray birch wood trim?

How dark is the gray wood trim in real life? I guess I want to know if there is enough of a contrast against the black dash, center console and door panels for it to be visible. My cousin used to lease a 2004 B6 S4 which had gray wood trim and I thought it looked almost black on his car. One of the recent pictures I saw of an S4 interior with the standard brushed aluminum trim shows the center console piece (normally aluminum on A4 or A4 S-line models) to be black in color, perhaps piano black. does this center console trim piece come in gray wood on the S4?

Also, are the two-tone S4 interiors (mainly interested in the red/black or brown/black) tasteful or a bit over the top? I didn't care for the 'penguin' look of the B6/B7 S4 leather/Alcantara seats, especially in silver/black. Is the two-tone color scheme on the B8 seats more tastefully done?

Some real life pictures of B8 S4 interior with these two interior features will be most welcome. I've already checked out the Audi USA website, but real life pictures will be much more helpful.

Last edited by Bada Bing; 09-01-2009 at 11:24 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi depends of your taste and what you are looking for.
I'm getting my S4 on the last week of september and the S4s all comes
with the 2 tone sports seat. I want the all black seat but had no choice but to go for grey/black interior. the I thought that the red/black and brown/black was a bit too much.
There's a website where you can build your S4 interior and it show the interior that you choose. I agree that it'snot as realistic as a picture but it will give you an idea. here's the link : http://www.audiusa.com/us/brand/en/models/s4_sedan.html and go on the icon "build your S4".
I'll try to post some pictures when I get the car.

Cheers!
Old 09-02-2009, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Here's a picture of silver/black from a post elsewhere on this forun

http://www.xs4all.nl/~bmetz/images/S4-1.jpg

I guess silver/black would be the one choice I would least likely get because of the penguin look of the front seats. I do like the two-tone door panels on the three two-tone choices, but would have preferred less intermingling of the two colors on the seat backs (black sides and colored center).

Last edited by Bada Bing; 09-02-2009 at 12:40 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by caprile
Hi depends of your taste and what you are looking for.
I'm getting my S4 on the last week of september and the S4s all comes
with the 2 tone sports seat. I want the all black seat but had no choice but to go for grey/black interior. the I thought that the red/black and brown/black was a bit too much.
There's a website where you can build your S4 interior and it show the interior that you choose. I agree that it'snot as realistic as a picture but it will give you an idea. here's the link : http://www.audiusa.com/us/brand/en/models/s4_sedan.html and go on the icon "build your S4".
I'll try to post some pictures when I get the car.

Cheers!
I thought you can choose black with black silk leather. BTW Alcantara is always my 1st choice then those silk leather seats.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:08 PM
L0U
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bada Bing
How dark is the gray wood trim in real life? I guess I want to know if there is enough of a contrast against the black dash, center console and door panels for it to be visible. My cousin used to lease a 2004 B6 S4 which had gray wood trim and I thought it looked almost black on his car. One of the recent pictures I saw of an S4 interior with the standard brushed aluminum trim shows the center console piece (normally aluminum on A4 or A4 S-line models) to be black in color, perhaps piano black. does this center console trim piece come in gray wood on the S4?

Also, are the two-tone S4 interiors (mainly interested in the red/black or brown/black) tasteful or a bit over the top? I didn't care for the 'penguin' look of the B6/B7 S4 leather/Alcantara seats, especially in silver/black. Is the two-tone color scheme on the B8 seats more tastefully done?

Some real life pictures of B8 S4 interior with these two interior features will be most welcome. I've already checked out the Audi USA website, but real life pictures will be much more helpful.
i'd do 2 tone if I was a single guy in my 20s, but married, 40, and 2 kids=plain black on black, with ibis or no smartie colours. undercover luxury/sporty car with car seats in the back, vs. semi 2 seater in pure sport looks. Will anyone ever sit in the back even?