S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Opticoat V2

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 09:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opticoat V2

Just wanted to start this threat since I will be applying Opticoat v2 to my car this Sunday. It will be about an 8 hour job, and we will be putting it on the rims as well. I'll try for some pics. My buddy put it on his BRZ last Friday and has been very happy as he feels that he will "never have to wash his car again with anything but water" lol

Stay tuned.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 386 Likes on 347 Posts

It's an interesting product but may not be the perfect solution for those who still want to wax their car a couple times per year. That's what I've experienced.

I do like it on wheels:

Old 09-08-2012, 03:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have it on the front,rear,inside door jams,lower panels and wheels.Never a need to use any harsh chemicals to clean my wheels. I use Optimum No Rinse and a wheel brush and the brake dust comes right off. I would have done the whole car but I also enjoy detailing and trying different products.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by RCM09
. I would have done the whole car but I also enjoy detailing and trying different products.
That's similar to what I have done. I've applied it to certain areas of my car on a trial basis. It's interesting to watch the beading diminish on the areas where a traditional sealant was applied versus the Opticoat panels that never appear to change in terms of beading. I've applied it to the entire A6 cuz my wife won't ever leave the car sitting for more than an hour or two on the weekends...OptiCoat is the perfect solution for this car. I'm also in the process of getting it applied to a 3rd car.
Old 09-08-2012, 04:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Sounds like cool stuff, just checked out their site, this is the first I heard of it. Very interested in seeing pics!
Old 09-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by LeadToRome
Sounds like cool stuff, just checked out their site, this is the first I heard of it. Very interested in seeing pics!
Yeah man. It really isn't talked about much. Kind of makes me scared to use it. lol.

I will be applying it tomorrow morning on the entire car (wheels too) and will report back.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I poked around the web a bit and the biggest complaint I saw was some guy on autogeek.com saying he was bummed he had all these detailing products he no longer needs, and some other guy complaining that he really likes detailing his car and now he doesn't have to so he's sad. Pretty funny "complaints"! I wouldn't worry if I were you.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I poked around the web a bit and the biggest complaint I saw was some guy on autogeek.com saying he was bummed he had all these detailing products he no longer needs, and some other guy complaining that he really likes detailing his car and now he doesn't have to so he's sad. Pretty funny "complaints"! I wouldn't worry if I were you.
Hmmm that is funny as I would have gone to autogeek to find the stuff. Sounds like something I can use on my wheels and then still be able to detail my car (it is very cathartic for me..wife loves it as she has never washed her car and I keep it looking brand new).
Old 09-09-2012, 03:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Very interested in seeing pics!
The product's look is pretty much neutral. I don't find that it detracts or adds to the gloss. This is the reason that it's so critical to have the paint underneath absolutely clean, polished and perfected prior to applying this coating.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I put Opti-Coat 2.0 on my S4 and wheels. It works great on the car. I still use a foam lance and a 2 bucket wash though to clean it. I'm not thrilled with it on my wheels. I find I still need Sonax to get the wheels clean. Brake dust has no problem sticking to the Opti-Coat. Even after foaming and pressure washing the wheels are still not clean unless I get out the Sonax.

Quick Reply: Opticoat V2