S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Ordered my S4 today and this is a good deal right?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordered my S4 today and this is a good deal right?

I've been waiting awhile to order my S4 and was waiting for the 2011's. Here is the deal that I was offered after negotiating for several weeks with several dealers. I am leasing.
MSRP:$53,250
Sale Price: $50,584 ($1k over dealer invoice was how i negotiated using amex/zag.com)
Residual: 58%
Money Factor: .00197 (is this too high??) it equates to 4.7% APR

If they can't locate the specific vehicle for me within the next 5 days it will take 3 months. I'm hoping they find one soon so i don't have to wait. I ordered one before I was ever able to test drive one just because my wife and I drove the A4 3.2 a lot when we got them as loaners from the dealership. The S4 had to be worlds better we thought. We are leasing for the first time so I was wondering if the deal is at least on par or can I negotiate the money factor down a little? I can't wait to join the club of S4 owners soon.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Can't really tell if the MF and Residual is good without knowing the model and term of your lease. Audi prices their MF & residual differently based on Prestige or Premium + pack.

Also, I assume a 36month lease? With or without Audi Care?
Old 08-09-2010, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also, dealers are allowed to mark up the money factor so make sure you do your research and see what the BASE rate is which is the rate that AFS sets. In July the 2010 S4 base MF was .00088. I haven't seen them published for August/2011 Models yet.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

this is a premium plus package. 3-year 12k miles. Audi Care I am paying up front and all of the other fees I am planning on paying up front so it doesn't drive up my monthly payments. I have not been able to see what the base rate yet. I have searched it but it seems that it won't get posted on the web until mid August or so. I have been using the forums on edmunds to get the base rate.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Not sure if dealerships are dealing less in 2011, but when I ordered my 2010 back in March, I paid $500 over invoice, and got another 750 off for switching from BMW to audi (total of 250 under dealer invoice).
Old 08-09-2010, 04:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

nal13 that is a hell of a nice deal.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On the one hand, $1000 over invoice seems a bit high, vietle. I would've tried to get closer to $500 over invoice, myself. But, depending on your location and given the increased demand for the S4, you probably did OK.

On the other hand, you got almost 3K of the MSRP, which is not bad. In fact, since you're leasing, your payment will be about...$12 more a month. You won't even notice.... :-)

Last edited by drrick89; 08-09-2010 at 05:47 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by vietle
I've been waiting awhile to order my S4 and was waiting for the 2011's. Here is the deal that I was offered after negotiating for several weeks with several dealers. I am leasing.
MSRP:$53,250
Sale Price: $50,584 ($1k over dealer invoice was how i negotiated using amex/zag.com)
Residual: 58%
Money Factor: .00197 (is this too high??) it equates to 4.7% APR

If they can't locate the specific vehicle for me within the next 5 days it will take 3 months. I'm hoping they find one soon so i don't have to wait. I ordered one before I was ever able to test drive one just because my wife and I drove the A4 3.2 a lot when we got them as loaners from the dealership. The S4 had to be worlds better we thought. We are leasing for the first time so I was wondering if the deal is at least on par or can I negotiate the money factor down a little? I can't wait to join the club of S4 owners soon.
Base money factor for 2011 S4 prem plus is 0.00174. So your dealer is marking up the MF. But you don't have to just "trust" the dealer. Ask him to show you the Audi lease rates. Ask if you are getting the base rates.

Also, if the dealer can't find you a car you want in the next 5 days he is making you order one? Is that b/c you want it exactly the way you want it? Or is there some other reason the dealer gave you? The reason I ask is b/c if you order a car you should be able to do better than $1000 over invoice. The S4 is in high demand and dealers are less likely to negotiate on cars that are already on the ground as they will sell to someone else who pay a premium to get in the car soon. (By premium I don't mean above MSRP just that the dealer is looking for a higher profit margin.). However a car that needs to be ordered is one the dealer will usually sell for less profit. When pricing my 2011 S4 I shopped 4 local dealers. Each one would let me order a car and pay $500 - $1000 above invoice. But if I wanted one they had at the dealership, or that was arriving at port soon, or that could be gotten from another dealership, they wanted $1500-$2000 above invoice. I finally got one at $1250 above invoice, but it was tough. I had to refer a friend who was looking for an s5.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

In baltimore maryland hunt valley audi i ordered the car and paid sticker they would not move on the price i have to say if you can afford this car dont worry about 1-2,000 bucks you will be filling it up with 93 oct every 2-3 days 40-45 dollars a tank
Old 08-09-2010, 07:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

When a dealer locates a car they have to trade or pay another dealer a Higher $ since your dealer needs the car the other dealer has the upper hand they know they have it sold so they will give your dealer a hard time this means your dealer cant give you the best price if they find your car ask how far away it is because you dont want some kid killing it on the way if they give you the distance you can call all the audi dealer within a 50 mile radius of destination they give you dont alarm the dealer that you may want to go find it if you can find it dont let that dealer know you are looking for it go ther and put on your hussle

Quick Reply: Ordered my S4 today and this is a good deal right?